What do we consider stable? (VESC firmware, Community Fork Discussion, (SERIOUS)

Thank you for the answer, nevertheless not what I wanted to hear… so no Ackmaniac on the new VESC… :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re late but thanks for playing.

2 Likes

This

I don’t even need to read the whole thread, if you can even pull up just this I’m on board. Take my support and money.

If you don’t have them yet I still have a back up of Ack 3.100FW, VESC TOOL and source files.

2 Likes

Dude, I have seen your videos. You make my commute seem like a walk in the park with a baby stroller.
Take care of yourself dude. You are walking a very thin line…

6 Likes

My money is now on @Esk8_Spirit because he has no mortal fear.

5 Likes

Yah that version almost killed me.

2 Likes

Just call the bloody thing
OSC

Even with all the frank its still a good thread.

5 Likes

Pretty sure open sound control uses that acronym and pretty sure osc is actually used for communication protocol for sending fiduciary data and other things around in openCV, messed with this a few years ago, not saying we can avoid all name overlap but might be confusing acronym since both in the open source space but very different things.

2 Likes

Daren is like 70 years old and only skimmed it. He missed the part where everyone and their mom knows 3-letter acronyms are about 10 years long gone.

Go easy on him, sheesh. Like I said hes OLD.

8 Likes

Hahahah

1 Like

See what he did there with the 3 letters?

I just like to throw a cat amongst the pigeons now and then.

:sunglasses:

6 Likes

O.L.D. Only Living Dinosaur
Lol carry on :yum:

4 Likes

I really like the direction this is all going. More community development is always better, and democratizing something that we all put our lives in the hands of is a :+1: from me. @DerelictRobot if you need a guinea pig who cant program his own VESC, you can stick your fw in my hw any time you want :smirk: Im young so I heal fast, you know where to find me :ok_hand:

6 Likes

There’s going to be a release waiver for you to sign. Ignore the part about your Prusa MK3S being donated to the project (me) in the event of your untimely demise; that’s there for everyone.

Let me know, we’ll put you to the top of the list testing our Experimental-Dev branch (aka vesc-tool 2.0+).

9 Likes

I’ve got a dormant build box I can provide for remote compiling if that’s of any use. At one point it was used for nightly Android builds, so… it should be quick😛

8 Likes

Do I still have to sign the waiver if i have knowingly inflicted 2.02 on myself (unsuccessful) several times already? :joy:

Edit: Also im on board with OpenRoad. Acronyms are so last decade :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It has less to do with the software version and more to do with the Prusa MK3S clause.

Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it. Just sign it.

(I flagged myself because I like the attention)

8 Likes

Great initiative @DerelictRobot :+1:

6 Likes

The connected VESC has old, but mostly compatible firmware. It is recommended to update it for the latest features and best compatibility.

but is it? is it really recommended? …

it’s super cool that new vesc-tool is allowing configuring settings on older vesc firmware, and not seemingly forcing an upgrade. but knowing what’s a really “recommended” will be a lot harder to achieve. I do hope this open road effort can add that value. spoken as someone whom v3.63 tried to kill I would want that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Noting some relevant convo that popped up off topic in another thread:

3 Likes