What do Daniel Kwan, Scott Davies, Electric DNA, and 3000 other riders all have in common?

Yeah, the metros barely even have a sidewall, they are much more rounded than the BKB, I wish they made a version where it had a flat profile like some of the others. The soft rubber and a flat contact patch would be a great high grip combo.

mine are still practically brand new

i don’t think they’re too uncomfy, i think they just got

great road feel (but they grip for shut tho)

1 Like

The sidewalls on the V1 were stiff. I am 175lbs and I run mine at 30psi. The one really nice thing about the sidewalls is they can be run flat for short distance. That has saved my ass a couple times while commuting back and forth from work.

In a future version, a slight softer sidewall might be nice. Maybe about 20% less stiff.

As for the rubber compound on the V1s, I did not find it to be that sticky. I would like it softer than that.

4 Likes

The tires for the Meepo tubeless wheelset are surprising me with their durability. I have a few hundred miles on mine and they are still going strong. This is my favorite wheelset/tire combo. The comfort and grip are obscene.

1 Like

ive ridden the V1s totaly flat for 12 miles im 230 in gear

2 Likes

i’m 120, and who knows what psi i’m running, i go by pumps until the profile is flat :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

just one pump?

1 Like

half*

Hey Quinten! Quinn here from that one ig livestream, good to see ya on the ESN forum

I have seen basically 0 feedback from anyone on your plastic hubs that have been on your site for years (2019-20 ish iirc).

do they run true? what bolt pattern do they use? possible for us to get a 2D drawing of them so we could make custom press fit drive adapters and stuff?

1 Like

you are making me feel bad for running my mouth to shaggy! i swear i didnt see his pic till after,also im sitting the next round out, i saw shaggy and felt bad ,then got called on the carpet for acting tough,and felt bad,the shame still stings!

1 Like

no shame! he’s been real quiet since😁
called the bluff!

1 Like

EU stock when?

2 Likes

I’d like try those in 8” and compare to them to Kendra’s.

3 Likes

@ShutterShock Does it seem like the V1 blowouts were more caused by the tube or the tire? Asking because I have a bunch of V1 tires. I’m wondering if using new tubes will resolve the blowout frequency.

2 Likes

It’s primarily due to the tubes, and BKB said they’ll replace it if it happens to you. But preventive care probably just smarter

1 Like

The tubes were garbage, the connection between the stem and the tube itself just peeled away line a bandaid

2 Likes

What he said

I don’t have a 8” tires recommendation, but being the shameless SKP shill that I am I’m going to take the opportunity to link my favorite 7” tires

1 Like

We hear you! Tubes were definitely not the strong suit of the first generation. We worked with reinforcing the valve stems and the compound slightly to make them more durable. They won’t be perfect every time but they’re definitely getting better.

2 Likes

The compound is more durable while keeping the same levels of grip, along with deeper tread. The tire’s grip has stayed the same if not gotten better. Yes, there were updates to the inner wall! We upgraded it to have a smoother surface internally which also allows for tubeless set ups! Unfortunately, our current hubs aren’t air-tight… yet.

3 Likes