What do Daniel Kwan, Scott Davies, Electric DNA, and 3000 other riders all have in common?

Hey Everyone, It’s Quinten from Build Kit Boards. This may be the first time y’all have seen my name but I’ve been working alongside Jared for the past couple of months with BKB and it has truly been amazing. I’ve been handling all social media and most emails so I may have spoken with some of you already! I’m fairly new to the Esk8.News so apologies if this post isn’t properly formatted.
Anyway, I know how fast we sold out of our Tires + Tubes last summer so I wanted to let you guys know that we’ve upgraded them and restocked! So if anyone is looking for some 150mm/6 in. AT tires or wheels, we’ve got them! The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive so I just wanted to spread the word. I’ll attach some links below to reviews, the bottom link will be to the tires. If anyone has any questions, feel free to either DM us or send us an email!

6 Likes

love the tires,really, but I hate the tubes really!(detachable valve stems ) but i can get better tubes,i cant get better tires . Thanks for the tires !

4 Likes

Also Ive had all the tubes fail, but i didnt crash even above 40 because the tires rock .4 blow outs zero crashes
ill dig out the pic of the heel side rear tire i did an average of 28 mph on for 6 miles till i realized it was flat,then nursed it another 5 miles home ,thats a good tire

4 Likes

More durable compound so does that mean it’s not as soft and grippy as v1 technically?

Any changes to the interior of the wheel? I upgraded the tubes in mine but still had issues with tubes tearing due to stress or something. Tire talc didn’t help.

2 Likes

Yeah, at least that’s been my experience with these tires, the feel like you mixed a set of cloud wheels and Kenda 8" tires.

I will probably get a set for day-to-day riding but for anything aggressive or racing, they are too hard of a compound IMO.

3 Likes

That kind of bums me out. Are they a harder rubber compared to the originals?

1 Like

i hope not

1 Like

Who else wants to see a really sticky bald version of the tires?

@fujio001
Who else wants to see a really sticky bald version of the tires?
everyone2

2 Likes

Are the valve stems on the new batch of tubes still an issue?

1 Like

i dont know,i dont trust them, i threw the tubes i got from them away promptly so they didnt get a chance to ruin a ride. Im still riding the 1st gen tires i got but i have 8 of the new tires. I cant tell the diffrence in the tires. The Tubes from BKB were all defective, i emailed asking about the new tubes 3 weeks ago, i didnt get a reply. I hope the new tires arent harder compound . Id love a soft slick version !

IMHO making the compound harder would be a step backwards

2 Likes

if any one knows where i can get heavy duty tubes for these tires id appreciate it. ALL my BKB tubes had random quick release valve stems

1 Like

I would agree. I have been riding the 1st gen tires almost daily and the durability has been outstanding. I want them to be a little softer and would sacrifice durability for it. These tires have already lasted about 3 times longer than the Sunmate/Hota tires and have plenty of life left in them.

1 Like

… so you threw away the tubes where they fixed the issue?

i didnt get confermation that the issue was fixed,tubes are cheap,so yes i tossed out suspect parts. I was pig headded about not throwing them out last time and had 100% failure rate. The fact i didnt get a reply made me think it wasnt fixed. I dont like doubting my equipment,it is distracting

1 Like

The first batch of them all blew for me, but on inspecting second batch, the issue appears to be fixed. Haven’t heard reports of blowouts or peel offs

The design of the connection is different this time, seems much better. They’re still 6 inch tubes tho and people always seem to blow those most often. In other news, I’m supposed to make a reel on these tires but I haven’t gotten to it yet.

Other thing, if your wheel is the right size, you can use 6x2 tubes from Mboards in these tires and it works just fine. I did this on BN hubs, while I was waiting months for the second batch of tubes

5 Likes

Now that I think about it, I used tubes from Mboards with my 1st gen BKB tires too.

2 Likes

Im using Torqueboards tubes, no issues . I might have thrown away good tubes, but,accidents are costly, i was worried about them. I ride an esk8 to forget my worries, so no regrets. I should have kept them to hear feedback, but the last flat i had was because i allowed the tubes to mix with other brands. I dont have good attention to detail,so i was not confident id not make another stupid mistake and mix them .

i want to use my 175mm SKP tires, but my board has some thermal cut out issues after the last crazy power upgrade. When its sorted ill likely use the 175s,but for now they make the issue a bit worse. I have a high power board,the thermal issues are temporary and largely due to where i ride,on flat rides it never thermal cut outs,but on 38% hills it will get too hot after 16 hot miles

1 Like

For the way we ride yes, but most people don’t want to be bothered with having to replace tires and they don’t ride hard enough to even max out a hard compound so it’s a a great option for them. BKBs site claims 2500miles of tread life and like with cars, sticky tires are all super high tread wear.

5 Likes