What could go wrong?

Do you actually run this?

when mixing KV motors, this can be avoided by correctly setting the gearing ratios - right?

much love.
I hope someone develops a more compact form of LiFePO4 or similar cells one day.

1 Like

@thisguyhere What happened? It went full brakes and threw you off?

I assume you have a DieBieMS or a similar smart BMS?

nope, i’m setting the voltage values in the motor controller (unity).

but none of this matters now since almost everyone’s discharge bypassing the bms.

3 Likes

Interesting, and thanks for saving me a street-face, I’d never thought much about pack sag and voltage cut-offs… I’ll pay much better attention to setting my cut-offs and pack sag!!!

Great resource:

2 Likes

i thought my boosted mini x has it because of the leads that end under both trucks but i’m not entirely sure, someone mentioned they might just be for auxilliaries which weren’t made available. i’m interested to know whether something like this could be used directly:

https://www.killerplanes.com/content/spektrum-assan-dual-receiver-controller-wireless-buddy-box-system

“Operates with one radio and two receivers OR two radios controlling two receiver buddy boxes.”

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

I am considering to do the same, but am worried about over-discharging a weaker p-group. But I guess in the worst case you just replace the p-group. :slight_smile:

I wish the VESC could just read cell voltages, too. That would eliminate the need for discharge BMS entirely.

outch. I gotta take this serious. Thank you!

1 Like

the receivers and transmitters we use for eSk8 are mostly toy grade in the RC hobby control world. for full and complete redundancy one could go the route of the Frsky R-XSR route. One could run two complete receivers, add as much separation as one would need, two antennas on each receiver, and use SBUS or CPPM

4 Likes

Suggestion: Make it a [serious] thread.

There’s no need, I enjoy reading people’s thoughts. I’ll sift through it and update the main topic when we get to critical mass.

3 Likes

I guess this as good a thread as any

I’m using a heatsink for my focboxes, and I think I want to keep the top plastic over on so I can protect the PCB from wires and pressure (from cables, the xt90 to xt60 splitter, etc) once its assembled. Is there any reason not to use the plastic covers? What could go wrong

Using two receivers has its own problem. You can’t use traction control. You want traction control because we’re using current control, when a motor loses traction it spins up faster losing even more traction

If it was duty cycle it would be different since that’s more speed based

2 Likes

in the Frsky receivers I posted, you only use one receiver, the other is piggy-backed to add redundancy and radio signal receiver distance. The master receiver picks which signal is best, it or the piggy-backed slave receiver.

3 Likes

I bought a flipsky product. This went wrong.

4 Likes

I’m no longer derailing. I’m straight up assassinating stupid posts from now on. Stay on topic or start calling me Dad. lol

8 Likes

two receivers connected to the same input? I didn’t even know that was a thing, makes sense

2 Likes

I fly FPV Drones and use FrSky products alot, curious what you would use as remote?

1 Like

broken stator

2 Likes