What cells does evolve hadean use?

I don’t want to buy this over priced board just wondering if anyone knows what 21700 cells it uses?

I think lishen

2 Likes

like as in these ones?

2 Likes

Lishen cells, confirmed by a couple of sources. Evolve don’t need to use more well known brand name cells as their core customer base will buy regardless.

5 Likes

Based

Fwiw the lishen 21700LA cells they’re using perform just about as well as Samsung 40T but fall short of p42a.

4 Likes

LR2170LA

2 Likes

Is that actually tested or just on paper? Also, dont the lishen cells have worse long term wear characteristics in terms of cycle life?

Thats after some actual performance testing by battery gooch @Battery_Mooch
Longevity and cycle life is untested.

4 Likes

Even if so, Evolve would probably prefer faster wear, as it likely accelerates the sales cycle.

2 Likes

We don’t know. The “on paper” specs are essentially the same as many big names cells. What have you seen that indicates Lishens have a shorter cycle life?

3 Likes

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/66004
https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79382

These tests/specsheets show a pretty big difference in cycle life to 80% (300 cycles at 4A discharge for the lishen, vs 500 cycles at 10A discharge for P42A’s)

Its not a perfect comparison as i dont have a cycle life spec for the P42As at high draw but i think its safe to say the lishens arent going to pull ahead.

4 Likes

Good point, not against P42A’s. I’ve edited my post to say they can compare to many big name cells instead of all of them.

But they hold up well to Murata VTC6A’s, Samsung 40T3’s, and Samsung 50E2’s, as well as others.

I think it can be argued that we can’t universally say that Lishens have worse cycle life than the big name cells.

2 Likes

Not the LA, but the SD has been cycle tested here

Track with every other cells on it’s class

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=114486

2 Likes

Ahh gotcha, i was definitely comparing again’st specifically 42A’s as they’re basically the golden standard nowadays, and quite common with even the cheaper premade boards offering them now (Ownboard Zeus Pro, Meepo Hurricane, Tynee, etc)

1 Like

It is of course entirely possible that they aren’t actually using p42a… not hard to rewrap cells.

1 Like

Has anyone confirmed either the simplicity or the complexity of doing a p42a cell replacement in a hadean? Maybe the old evolve mod era isn’t quite over, that is unless they made it a total bitch.

I’ve looked at doing the gtr batteries and it seems to be more trouble than it’s worth. No idea about the hadean batteries, but I assume they also use a pcb construction. I’ve only done it a couple of times, but deconstructing pcb packs is a pain in the dick.

I cheated on the last one i did…

Don't try this at home

2 Likes

I assume that PCB has the BMS built into it, and that’s why you’re even bothering with it.

the old GTX, GT, and Carbon mods were simply “build a new pack sans BMS and swap it out” but this looks like a person would need to stock up on custom nickel.

in some ways this may even be easier.

edit: wait a minute that has a duck on it. It’s still early here.

2 Likes

The gtr packs ‘sorta’ do. The bms attaches to the main pcb with soldered pins. In theory you could remove it and attach wires to it…

They also have plastic cell holders that are near impossible to remove without breaking.

Again tho, no idea about the hadean packs

3 Likes

Defiant wants to go through the process of buying a commercial board to see how they deal with customer service. I’m toying with buying a hadean and doing a tear down before sending it back.

2 Likes