What cells does evolve hadean use?

Haha interesting market research.

3 Likes

yeah I wouldn’t want to do that to one of our own like Lacroix or Hoyt or Bioboards. But I’d hassle a million dollar company in a heart beat. especially one I’ve been hassling already for years lol

3 Likes

Buy a hoyt so you can relentlessly harass Ben and Jackson

3 Likes

Do it. I’m confident we’d impress.

3 Likes

Anybody manage to do a strip-down on the hadean?

All the Hadean boards that came after the clear version release have Molicel P42A
got confirmation from Evolve and also opened my board cover to see the sticker.

2 Likes

Have they admitted yet that they only used the prismatic cells in the GT series because they accidentally made the decks too small?

1 Like

soo tight by height! but I managed to fit 12S4P with super narrow BMS and makerX esc.

I still love the gt deck more than gtr and the hadean I got

Seems like a case of tossing forty 18650 cells in a prototype and saying “yep, they fit, manufacture all ten thousand of them” without regard to insulation, wiring, connections, et cetera.

Evolve Hadean cell replacement in progress to replace bad cells.

I was getting low/red cell reading at cell 4 on the remote when the batteries were fully charged. The board would turn off at around 50% charge when riding due to these bad cells.

I sent the pack to evolve to confirm it was a bad pack and not the bms for the cost of their evaluation fee. Board was bought as a gift through a third party, not through evolve so the warranty wasn’t honored for a replacement pack. They wanted $890 for a new pack including $30 labor replacement and shipping back to me. Decided to diy cell replacement as I have some electronics experience.

They used Lishan LR2170A as folks mentioned.

The Battery pcb has markings to show the cell pack location numbers. After multimeter voltage verification of the low cell pack number 4 (4 cells grouped together) I needed to Drexel off the plastic battery holder rivets that mounted through the pcb. The Nickel tabs needed to be removed off the cells and the main pcb solder contact point.

Waiting for 4 new cells to arrive at $5 each, and will buy cell holders, nickel tabs and a battery spot welder on amazon to get this finished up and will post back.

Tried posting pics but gave me an error, I’ll try again shortly

2 Likes

I guess as a new user, my trust level needs to increase before I am allowed to post pics. Once this happens, I’ll show you guys the battery pcb and how the cells are assembled on the board.

1 Like

Although admirable, mixing and matching old and new cells isn’t the best idea

2 Likes

By third party do you mean brand new through a distributor or second hand from a consumer?

Long term I would agree, board has only around 100 ride hours on it.

As this pack would be scraped and a total loss, this exercise will buy some time and save on the cost of a new pack and hopefully this information of the pack assembly would help others as no info has been provided by other users on it.

1 Like

I don’t know if it was design mistake or they didn’t think forward. the gt is really old board (since 2017 no?)
back than pouch cells was much more common because liion cells didn’t give what they give today.

the used gtr that I got last year was much bigger in the case, it had internal plastic enclosers that showed how they thought about everything (except 12S :slight_smile: )

yes, I’m crying right now when I build the pack for my gt and I know there is no room for padding. still love him a lot for short rides.

2 Likes