What came first? Carvon hubs or Hummie hubs?

then again there’s this post from aug 15…

…but i don’t find any evidence these were ever available for sale.

2 Likes

Maybe just ask him when he started selling the hub motors?
It seems like he has been working on hubs motor for a long time.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=63029&hilit=HubL

1 Like

The Carvons from that photo are V2 or 2.5s. Again, you can reference my OG carvon article to make the comparison. V1s were hubs all the way and V2 or later they started moving to DD. Also the @wanderer hubs did sell at one point bc he never finished the build, they just weren’t commercially available. I got the trailer hitch from that build.

1 Like

were those carvon v1 hubs produced before sept 2014?

3 Likes

Reading stuff from Jerry makes me sick

3 Likes

@anorak234

^sept 2014 @hummieee

^april 2015

…seems to suggest the v1 carvon direct drives came ~7 months after the hummie direct drive post

^july 2015

^august 2015

^october 2015

^october 27 2015

^jan 2016

along came raptor 2 in ~nov 2016

^nov 2016

5 Likes

Why never really understood what people found wrong with him

1 Like

Is that a joke

5 Likes

Not really wasn’t around when he was here so never found out about it

1 Like

People are still waiting on their boards they paid long time ago.

5 Likes

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49557

^this guy has everyone beat… posted april 2013 but states the board was built in 2007 then stolen 2007

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter. Hub motors are hub motors. And I would like to speak for everyone here.
No one like them :rofl:

2 Likes

…I like them XD

For a cheap commuter board

3 Likes

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49557

i wonder if this was the grand-daddy of them all… who else had an electric skateboard in 2007??

4 Likes

Haha. I’m just messing around brother. I know people who love them and as far as I’m concerned. Hummie hubs are solid :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Are these Carvons or Hummies?
I bought them a long time ago and never did anything with them.

3 Likes

Those are carvons. And I want them. I will purchase them from you if you’re selling.

4 Likes

Right now I’m thinking I’ll use them assuming they are something decent by modern standards.
So right now I just want to learn about what I have.
But if I do end up selling them I’ll come back to this thread and make sure you know about it first.

2 Likes

I have another set and I love them, that’s why I want yours so badly lol. If you’ve got any intention of using them, by all means keep them. You’ve got a very rare set of OG carvons, and they perform excellent with Focbox’s or VESC6 in my experience. Wonderful for anything with a kick tail since there’s less rolling resistance. Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be delighted to help.

2 Likes

I think you’ve basically answered my question. Are they good? Yes. :slightly_smiling_face:
My plan was originally to make a homemade z-board out of them (uses strain-gauges to determine how you’re leaning and accelerate and brake without a remote).
Then I heard from people who had z-boards that it’s kind of a gimmick and they didn’t wind up using them which kinda turned me off the idea so I put these in the closet.
Now my plan is to maybe make a light-ish slow short-board using them. Something with a kick-tail just as you say. :slightly_smiling_face:
Never thought I’d want a short-board but people who have them say they wind up using them all the time (that’s what Daniel Kwan said in one of his videos anyway - that if he’s ducking out to the shops a short-board just makes more sense than dragging a big old longboard around).

3 Likes