What better for a MTB? [PKP vs. Channel]

I agree, but also choice is a nice thing to have and developing down different avenues is a good way to maximise the collective brainpower of this community.

3 Likes

Cant disagree with that. Defiantly not here to make drama. Honestly want to push this sport beyond
what even I can dream. I have some pretty high expectations for Esk8 in the next 3 years. Plan to break something trying to get it there!

2 Likes

I am rooting for you bro :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Yay! Was about to text you for an update Toaster god!

2 Likes

Having a truck that can grind, you would get those customers who look for that feature in trucks and it won’t even bother those who don’t need it.

You guys know people in the MTB community in the UK you could ask them if grindable trucks are something they would like.

1 Like

@poastoast & @DEEIF Please make the Apex Grind-able. (Not the Tramp)
Then I can Rep this amazing company when I thrash the terrain!
Also put some IP/CR protections on that so Tramp dont just clone it. :wink:

3 Likes

yeah sure, but the geometry is complicated to make grindable. Trampa adjusted the geometry from our trucks and it still has a kingpin sticking out

3 Likes

I like this idea.
I have a few riders who grinds already.
Joe (50+) Colton (20+) Rick (21+) Josh (32+) and Myself.

Also when we ride at the parks, many kids/young adults ask can you grind it?
So imo the ones who will be here after we are old and grey, want to grind.
This even to me seems uncommon coming from Missouri but it is what it is.

1 Like

Oh, I understand now. I haven’t looked it extensively sorry.

How about an add on attachment? Like in metal or hard urethane? That would protect the kingpin?

2 Likes

Damn dude talk about life goals, I am not that advanced in life and already can’t think about grinding anymore lol.

3 Likes

Put a “cage” over the kingpins. Itd be harder to put the kingpin nuts on and take them off, if it was integrated, but thats how id imagine it working best. Long as a skate tool can reach.

2 Likes

yeah we have had some ideas around this, we are working on a lot of stuff that hopefully you guys will see before the end of the year

@Kai yeah something like that is a good idea

3 Likes

Simple is always good. Could make it an attachment, attached like a very wide motor mount, maybe.

Not sure if this info helps but here it goes.

For Grinds:
You want a truck that is shaped like a V in a since. WHAT WHY?
I will let Andy explain and he is not wrong.
Better time Stamp

Might not be immediately obvious but airs have more clearance than a standard trampa truck.

When designing everything is a compromise. Weight Vs strength. Cost Vs quality.

In order to position kingpins to be fully protected whilst grinding you must change the geometry, which has knock on effects in other areas. Nosno did this by raising the pivot, in turn increasing stability but reducing truck response.

For us we tried to strike a balance between clearance, ride performance and visual design.

We could go further and fully cover the kingpins and give perfectly flat grind surface, but it comes at the expense of weight and altered truck dynamics.

Down the line we would love to further explore these designs but for the airs we felt it wasn’t worth compromising for the few who want to grind.

It’s also worth considering that those looking to grind generally know they are going to trash their gear. You don’t usually buy premium parts of you know your going to trash them day 1.

4 Likes

i just came up with an idea to simplify things! i gotts see how it’ll look irl but if it works i tuink itmll be possible to cnc :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t defiance drama in itself? :joy::joy:

1 Like

Not being defiant, uncooperative, etc. I Consider my thoughts/words to be constructive not negative.
(You have your own opinion of me, based on a few comments I cant blame you for that. )
If anything, Im adding to the things that should be considered for a MTB truck.
This is not saying they HAVE to be considered these things but that I see no reason to overlook grinding.
Grinding, sliding etc are basic to a skateboard imo same for snowboard and same for MTB.
Downhill is different and does not need the same truck requirements, so no need to develop in that area.

If you wanted to make the best overall MTB or SKATEBOARDING truck it would need to grind.
I say this because if you hand any Pro Skateboarder a truck that hangs them up or does not allow grinds
I doubt that pro will ride them trucks. Why… well because grinding is part of the scene wether I/You/We like it or not.

3 Likes

…he was just attacking your typo, dont worry.

2 Likes

XD whoops. Just felt I had to explain.
I really not one to start beef, usually one to just walk away.
I think this is a good topic and can help the scene progress.
I think of how I was once a Kid and the many who see me ride get inspired.
I would like to believe them kids are the ones who are going to SEND this sport into something special.
I want to make sure them kinda riders get their hands on something that is made for PARK.

An as for the comment on High priced parts to beat up.
YES YES YES, many do this for Moto, etc. They use very premium parts and beat them up.
Because that premium is what allows for that abuse. King of The Hammers is a nice example
of many people modding and gearing up their rides for battle.

Its more common then we may think. I think destroying things is in our nature. XD

1 Like