What are you doing with your NeoOne Board?

13 Likes

I’m thinking of using Boardnamics New Caliber II Hangers and Base Plate. I’ve only owned a Trampa board though so I’m wondering do I go 184 or 220?

1 Like

The popcoa wheels on topclouds photo seem to be on a 180mm caliber truck. Do you think that looks good enough for you? Just remembered as the hanger gets longer your ability to maneuver/turn decreases (I think?).

i think if the wheelbase is relatively short theres somewhat smaller impact with wider hangars, but dont quote me on that ^^

and those boards look sick, good purchase there guys

2 Likes

You’re probably right, I just remember @DerelictRobot and @mmaner and stupid Cory telling me that going elofty hanger width on my Spud was a terrible choice 🤷

I’m sure it’s up the rider, really :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We make the deck for standard wide truck 180mm. Is meant to be sleek so wheel stay inside deck space and look nice. It help for stability also.

8 Likes

I would go for 184; the axles are extended so you can still use push-fit pulleys and should have room for dual 6355, depending on the motor brand. Play to this board’s strengths; keep the weight down :wink:

Yeah I’m pretty sold on the 184s

I have a feeling that those 184 will run out quickly :joy:

I’m gonna put Paris V3s on mine with the Neo Hubs… undecided on ESCs

3 Likes

What ESCs are you considering? I feel like the Unity is overqualified for the neo hubs. But what do I know. It’s just so damn easy to hook up and go.

I want to consider the MakerX Dual. I’m holding out for more reviews

3 Likes

Been thinking, can you ask for custom wire gauge in your hubs? 18AWG specifically?

Yeah I’ve been watching the latest developments on the maker x as well

Ive already got two of the makerx duals on their way… i might try the tiny little singles

1 Like

What are your plans concerning the lid, once the build is done ?
Grip over it and forget it or keep it easy to open ?

I’d like to keep the board as stealthy as possible, but having to remove the grip each time i have to open the board sounds a bit annoying.

For sure. Look forward to seeing how that works out for ya

1 Like

So with the vesc stowed away in the topside how does the heat affect it? I recently moved my focboxes topside on my Trampa emtb because of the heat in the bottom enclosure

18 is too small. We use 14.

5 Likes

You could do griptape over velcro so that you can take it off and put it on again. @Luke tried experimenting with that on his decks I think, don’t remember how it turned out.