What are the good hub motors.

How are the large hub motors used by Backfire on their X2 and X3? I have used the X2 extensively for commuting and it has been super reliable. Not very performance oriented in terms of top speed or acceleration. Also the solid rubber tires kind of suck.

2 Likes

if u don’t need to go fast, they are fine, also dkp can be convert into rkp tkp, so there’s that

e: i was dum

1 Like

If you could make a large diameter hub motor that can fit a wider pneumatic tire, that could sell.

abracadabra… nope

2 Likes

if u don’t have motor mount that gets in the way, then it should be doable

I believe you may have meant to say tkp

2 Likes

oh fk i was blind when i wrote that, im dum

At the moment if you are looking for the best of the best see above or what I am interested in is the

Hunterboards, a new take on e-skate design?

Custom hubs with cooling channels before wheels.

as they should, they said spare motors should be available.

They did not answer if it would fit standard cheap hub 12x12mm square truck mounting.

Not rocket science to adapt it to BN trucks.

2 Likes

I was hoping for something that I could bolt into OG shredder hub trucks

1 Like

Not sure there is any innovation to be had from what is commonly used/fits on those trucks.

So cheap Chinese hubs and raptor hubs?

Looking closely at your pictures it seems they are non standard round shape I’m afraid

1 Like

That is just the axle, the anti-spin rotation locking would be on the other side, some sort of flat face or pins maybe idek.

2 Likes

Like an ebike hub?

@tech.shit @DavidF
there was one shot where you can see it does use standard hub motor mount design.

3 Likes

So strange. Inboard prototypes on finned hangars. New unused, $50 on eBay.

Anybody got links for the 9 pin connector? Same as usual m1.

2 Likes

1 Like

That also looks like the boosted connectors. Ive got a mini X i can take a look at this weekend.

1 Like

Is it just a 9 pin Juliet connector?

Definitely looks like thats it to me.