West coast standard website down

:metal:

Gotta agree with everyone here.

3d printed x things isn’t nearly as big of a deal as anything else 3d printed on your board would be. Except maybe a tire valve stem?

It’s just dispersing the force over a larger area. As long as the screw isn’t marring the wood, it’s doing its job fine.

Wait this is tiller and not momentum boards?

Da fuq?

I wouldn’t be paying premium for cut corners.

7 Likes

Even not if they would be on the nickel strips on your custom battery?

6 Likes

for $3.4K i can do gear drives with custom anodize everything, including custom anodized xplates. I literally just took an order for that for somebody. 12S8P gold anodize gear drives and trim on a blacked out evo with custom graphics and glass grip.

and he got his wife a white subsonic century, 12S5P with blue/purple iridescent grip and nickel plated gears and xplates and stainless trim for $2.9K

I can even put them on clever tires if they want.

Also it doesn’t take me 8 months to fix your board if something goes wrong.

32 Likes

@longhairedboy that’s what I’m talking about Damon . hell yeah :metal:

1 Like

I don’t think they are bad on a diy. But when yoyr paying custom board prices you don’t want pla deck protectors. You want this

15 Likes

At least there are some washers! Better than nothing at all…

4 Likes

Put some washers on that thing :wink:

3 Likes

You’re getting 3.4 for that?!

Time to start making completes…

15 Likes

I sold my unity for that

10 Likes

How quick people turn… sad

10 Likes

When you’re the only one doing a thing, people find you and pay what you ask them to. That’s not even the most expensive board i’ve sold.

Feel free to jump into the ring. Prepare to lose money though. You can either care about your customers and treat them right or you can get rich.

12 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text(2)

6 Likes

Yeah man, but I don’t see your boards out there winning races so they can be called podium builds…

What you need to do to step up to the next level, is find people who are just good at fuckin skating, have them win a race they could’ve won on a prebuilt evolve on your board, and then call it a podium board…

The ladies, you see… find it sexy… One more things they can Instagram hashtag 10 different ways… So you’re getting a 10 for 1, so don’t bitch about the price

8 Likes

I don’t think they are bad on a diy. But when yoyr paying custom board prices you don’t want pla deck protectors. You want this

Agree on that.

Still, I always liked @ryansinatra’s printed I-Things. I also got @moon carbon I-things which are dope. Both types are awesome, and as @Venom121212 says:

As long as the screw isn’t marring the wood, it’s doing its job fine.

:metal: :yum:

3 Likes

That’s probably because I don’t build race boards or focus on racing. I build boards for my customers and focus on what they want for what they are doing. The closest my customers get to racing is occasionally dropping into traffic and keeping up with it. The other 99% of the time they’re just riding to work or going on group rides.

Most of my boards are built within the $2.2K to $2.5K range. The ones i listed above were extreme examples.

11 Likes

Are we pretending that Esk8 racing is a big enough thing to support multiple dedicated Esk8 companies at this point in time?

I think that perhaps, certain people in California might have skewed perceptions as to how large of a market it is globally. Even in the EU it’s primarily based around existing BMX/MTB communities.

I feel anyone opening a purely Esk8 race centric business, right now, is going to have a tough time getting in the black.

A few dozen enthusiasts racing skateboards in parking lots does not speak to a booming market. Esk8 is niche. DIY Esk8 is further Niche. DIY Esk8 Racing? Niiiiiiche.

29 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

@Sender and @longhairedboy I don’t even want to hear it guys. I have a hard enough time selling boards for 100-125 at the local shows I do. Let alone customs for 150-175. You guys are slinging them like heroine outside a methadone clinic.

1 Like

I don’t though. I don’t even sell my decks a la carte.

I only build custom completes, and I only sell maybe a dozen a year.

Most of my work is batteries and warranty work. And right now, all of that is slow af too.

3 Likes