Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

No that is not the size of threads sorry I should have said 7mm and 9mm hex key.

It is totally reasonable sizes, spot on choices for them.

Also remember the V1 ow is from before they went to the dark side.

FM be like on repair^^

2 Likes

Adjustable kV motors for precision tuning setups

3 Likes

electromagnetic suspension system

1 Like
5 Likes

What if I Griddle my enclosure? …

4 Likes

Board idea: 4wd board but with individual motor control.

There has to be at least a handful of you on here with the parts to make this happen. Even better is the fact that you don’t need to mess around with having the controllers talk to each other since they would all be working separate. Might need a 3d printer to design a better remote casing in place of just taping remotes together

1 Like

I’ve seen 4wd with independent front/back control… I’m not sure having control of all 4 individual motors would be very useful realistically

1 Like

This exists in the form of magnetorheological dampers which are available on the market from a number of manufacturers and are somewhat common in performance cars and some luxury cars, their strength is how widely they can change their performance. Also, the well-known bose active suspension project, they sold that IP to a company called Clearmotion and nothing has come of it, It’s just so insanely expensive it doesn’t justify the price increase over something like Mercedes Airmatic with the new read ahead suite, or the Rolls Royce “Planar Suspension” in combination with their “Flagbearer” suite. Maybe something will come from the Clearmotion project but it doesn’t look like it will.

i know they exist that’s why i said it

Ok, I was adding more info to what you said. I didn’t assume you pulled that idea out of nowhere without hearing about it.

But consider this: having one back wheel break more than the other makes for easy slides. That is something I know very well due to one of my motors regularly trying to kill itself. It works fine after I finally am bothered enough to clean it again Now imagine the cool stuff you could do by being able to do that whenever you want.

The front control would just make it to where you can more easily steer using only the motors if needed which could lead to some interesting / crazy shit.

Edit: forgot to mention that you can also get into a bit of a slide with uneven acceleration but I only ever had it happen when accelerating into a turn and it was rare. So I’m not sure how effective of a method that is for sliding.

3 Likes

As a heavy user of 1WD, I agree

1 Like

Or how about an energy storing regenerative suspension?

1 Like

You ain’t ever making up those losses homie

Where did i see? There are semi trucks that will/use this technology.

Yep! That’s where I saw it :blush:

Recent cool idea I saw was using old mining shafts as gravity batteries.

I need to look into that i dont fully understand.

Usage of large vertical shafts (heh) to house potential energy for/from the grid. Extra energy lifts the elevator, when we need more energy, we drop the elevators and get energy back.

1 Like

Doesn’t even have to be vertical, just needs some height gradient. Water is most common, while I’ve also seen train cars on sloped tracks or balloons underwater used for the same purpose. They’re known as gravity batteries.

2 Likes