Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

Nope.

1 Like

I stopped for now because reasons

Dumb but maybe not so dumb idea:
Use heavier hubs with a greater moment of inertia for better freeroll :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah, the linear inertia of you is orders of magnitude larger than the angular inertia of your hubs.

Rockstar pros = 700g /4ct
Assume radius of gyration to be 75% of hub radius, ~38mm
Angular inertia = mass * radius^2 = 0.027 kg-m2

Let tire radius = 100mm (8in wheels)
1 m/s2 linear acceleration of board ==> 1 / radius = 10 rad/s2 angular acceleration of wheels
Force at contact patch required = angular inertia * angular acceleration / moment arm + linear inertia * linear acceleration = 0.027 * 100 + 0.7*1 = 3.4 Newtons

Force required to accelerate 75kg rider by 1 m/s2 = 75N
This is of course 20x larger. You would need to add 7kg to these hubs to have them contribute even half the momentum your body does.

Freeroll time = (starting momentum) / (air drag + rolling resistance + drivetrain drag)
There are easier targets for free roll!

Screenshot 2021-12-22 205257

EDIT: made a math error but the point remains the same

4 Likes

4 Likes

Should we have TOTY (thread of the year) as well as BOTY?

has anyone run doom on a davega?

1 Like

DOTY

dickoftheyear

2 Likes

A gear drive that can be engaged and disengaged, and a switch or mode to engage and disengage a set of motors and VESCs.

Have 2wd with the front wheels able to freewheel, then when needed you could turn on 4wd (snow/mud/hills/terrain)

2 Likes

this image brought to you by a drunk dude on a $30 cell phone.

4 Likes

@Boardnamics can we have wheel base//height altering variants of your hangers please?

2 Likes

Money talks :grimacing:

3 Likes

how many sets speaks your language?

Maybe a handful. Price for 2 is almost the same as 8

1 Like

i already downloaded the best cad i could find on chromebook, ill make the file and see who want. lmao.
your hangers are dope. if they gave you an extra half inch clearance and wheelbase in each direction i think itd be the dopest. plus i just wanna try it out and think itd look cool.

2 Likes

Anyone using automotive rubber ā€œOā€ rings as bearing spacers?

I assume this would help with vibration dampening while adding some minor level of compression and/or rebound at the wheels.

Or maybe make a metal/rubber/metal spacer.

Edit: use to run O rings between my baseplates and washers on my DKP trucks. Almost felt like having another set of bushings in there. Rebound was too much.

1 Like

sips beer
were already running electromagnets, what about magnetic bearings? o.o

Trampa

1 Like

what are you using? Iā€™m just getting into CAD and I wanna use my chromebook (can run linux too)

Iā€™m in for a set

1 Like

ive been told onshape is the best on chromebook. i too can run linux on here, but i dont like to. if anyone else(my gf) accidentally starts it up in regular mode, it erases a bunch of stuff i worked on x.x