Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

That’s not what spoilers do… lol

4 Likes

Thats the joke. The magic of a “go faster wing”

3 Likes

I love seeing front wheel drive cars with spoilers. Its the most pointless but comical thing

9 Likes

In Europe that’s like the #1 thing you see on crappy hatchbacks hahaha

5 Likes

Same here. I blame the fast and the furious movies.

1 Like

That’s how I held my enclosure on and I never had a problem. And a lot of times the batteries came unstuck from the board and were just rattling around by the end of the ride.

1 Like

“Nos I need Nos”

2 Likes

here’s some crazy . . . . why cant my build only have one wireless module in it.

ATM it has 1 in the unity, 1 metr, 1 in the receiver, 1 in the bms.
These must all cause some level of interference with each other.
Additionally Not all of these can have a any kind of password or security.

In theory there is no reason that the BMS’s uart cant be linked to the VESC and be monitored or configured from there. There is also no reason why the remote shouldn’t be able to connect directly to the VESC.

With so many companys using vesc i find it amazing that no one has cracked this yet.

6 Likes
1 Like

Ok probably lotsa reason why it wont work but an ultracapacitor with to cut in when current draw is high or regen.

1 Like

Some more crazy, how about having 2 different types of cells in your board. Maybe 12s2p of super high discharge cells to give you lots of powah . Then 12sXp high capacity cells like Samsung 50e at 5ah per cell. Under load power is delivered from the high discharge cells. These are then refilled from the high capacity pack with some sort of current limiter.

If we had this type of current limiter circuit the high capacity pack could also be an optional pack for long rides and would negate the need for buck boost converter and the efficiency losses they have

6 Likes

Should be easy to do, maybe use a rc gas driven motor to rotate one wheel turning into a generator and directly charging the battery :thinking:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cqAtKPVI

I am thinking of a board equipped with this. It is a board with an external power supply function.
The input voltage is compatible with 8s to 12s.
There is no particular use.
It’s a bit too big to fit in the enclosure.
You may want to attach only external connectors that can be connected to the inverter to the board.

Doesn’t baja use a dif

I think baja is a drive shaft on each wheel from separate motors not sure but

4 Likes

Or so I can use as a shopping cart like my 98 civic.

3 Likes

No it uses standard belt drives inverted to drive shafts to the wheel via a universal joint.
I still think you could drive both rear wheels with a single motor without a diff. The lean action of our trucks would negate the need for independently powered wheels. Skateboards are effectively 4w steer.
I’m basically a lazy bastard so it has never got off the bench.

3 Likes

That’s good to know. Btw @Dareno are you the guy on YouTube with the landwheel reviews. I think I’ve seen your esk8 reviews fun to watch. I’m actually developing a posi track for the new proto board. U-joints are my friend atm. I just need to find the input function that let’s the remote reverse with break. Only current gives me reverse but no real breaking

I have a theory I could do better than many of these mountain bikes using my Bajaboard at Megavalanche

6 Likes

OK, a little back story. I was going on 2.5 hours sleep but had the chance to ride (which is rarer and rarer these days) so I jumped on it. I dropped my wife of at work, parked across the street, grabbed my hummie build (hazzard) and set out.

Remember were I said I was going on 2.5 hours sleep? Yeah, I was stupid. I forgot there are constant hills and garbage asphalt in teh are my wife works, so not a great ride. On small wheels (ABEC 11 Centrax 83mm) hills can be painful, add in the ruts and potholes and it was a constant run from 7mph to 28mph, from 5mph to 30mph, up and down all over the place…frikkin exhausting. But, it did spawn a train of thought.

What if we had a 3rd motor in the front, maybe an 80mm motor with an extended axle so it could run both from wheels, that only phased in when amp usage was up and speed was down (averaging and simulating PPM from 1% up on activation)? I was so impressed with my idea that I asked @Blasto.

This is why I am so glad there are smarter people than me in the world. His solution was to connect the 3rd ESC via split-PPM to 1 of the existing ESC’s, increase the deadband on the input signal, then tune it accordingly. I was floored, so simple, why didnt I think of that? THe answer is that he’s a “bad motha shut yo mouth:slight_smile:.

I’m gonna start on this today. It’ll take a bit to get everything in place but I think it’s an elegant, inexpensive solution to the problem that hill’s create. We shall see :slight_smile:.

14 Likes