Weird theories and ideas thread! any ideas welcome

That could work one way but it wouldn’t get the signal to float charge back up over and over again for each board.

True you would need something to sense the voltages to be able to kick the regulator into a trickle charge state

Float, not trickle if we’re being anal.

First he wants to drink beer butt naked and now he wants to get anal?

Have a glass of pappy, might calm you down

3 Likes

You just made my list. Which list, you will see. Do you know how hard that is to get here? You can’t even buy it. You have to enter a raffle and win the ability to buy a bottle. How did you get one?

1 Like

A store in New York?
It was like 2 years ago. Been taking my time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basically went to a liquor store said I wanted the best whiskey/bourbon to bring home and some guy approached me saying he had what i wanted. Thought he was talking about drugs …

2 Likes

If you’re telling me it can’t be bought, I’m starting to doubt this guy was supposed to be selling for the store

Yeah you most likely got scammed. People sell empty bottles of it for thousands.

No way to tell unless you’ve had the real deal I suppose

1 Like

So here we have a sealed rectangular aquarium fastened to the ground with no air bubbles, containing a floating, sealed spherical aquarium, containing a fish with an extendable arm for propulsion. The rectangular aquarium has its own fish with an extendable arm. All fish, arms and glass are individually neutrally buoyant. If both arms use the same amount of mechanical energy in joules over the same duration simultaneously against the glass to propel the fish, will the floating spherical aquarium move sideways in the water?

1 Like

(professor_shartsis)
would you infer that if the water has even slight compressibility (as it does, see: http://sites.bsyse.wsu.edu/joan/teaching/bsyse558/W2/Lec5Stu.pdf ), it can at least temporarily shift the outer glass ball slightly by pushing directly off the glass, regardless of whether the ball is floating in space, water or resting on a ground with or without friction between the ball and the contact point with ground?

(physics forum moderator)
Yes, making the fluid compressible de-couples the motion of the fish from the motion of the fluid sufficiently to allow brief mismatches between their respective momenta.

1 Like

So im super stoned and just thought of something so stupid… i may try it for the giggles. A 4wd… each wheel with a different drive… one gear, one hub, one belt and one direct drive. Can anyone think of a problem that could occur?

6 Likes

Ratios and differences in motor rotation speeds?

1 Like

Im guessing the gear ratio for the hubs and direct drive will be 1:1 so they can be rear wheels and the gears and belts could be matched. So two different gear ratio front and back…

I feel you’ll have to do alot of math for the rpms to match. What would you do esc wise?

Four focboxes…

If one of the motors pulls another motor above its no load speed that motor will generate higher voltage than your battery pack, potentially leading to problems with the VESCs while you are at speed.

1 Like

probably dumb theory: but if some watches can generate there power by the movement of your wrist and hand is there anyway you could do the same thing on a skateboard where the vibrations recharge the battery

Probably, but it would be very little power. Likey much less than regen braking and that gives such little power back itself.

2 Likes