We need an Esk8 podcast

I spend a fair amount of time in my car for work and I often think how awesome it would be to listen to someone like @Sender, @mmaner or @longhairedboy talk about things I already know from thousands of hours of research.

Genuinely want this. Could I back production? Is anyone else interested in something like this?

Look at this cast/interview with Tim. You have no idea how many times I have masturbated to this video.

24 Likes

preach.

maybe not the last part :rofl:

4 Likes

Emphasis on maybe

2 Likes

ESPECIALLY the last part.

But yes, this has been discussed and I agree that a lot of the staff would make great hosts.

2 Likes

Yeah I think there was talks about this but I would be awesome. It could have different builders each week or have discussions about different drives systems. It would definitely have a lot of content for a while.

2 Likes

Yup, and interviews with vendors and others doing interesting shit.

3 Likes

I’m so down for this.

I have a good amount of mics and mixing boards for recording already. If there is anything i can do to help let me know!

7 Likes

This is amazing community spirit. It’s almost like if Mike, Tim and Damon don’t do it now they would really be letting all of us down right?

Don’t let us down guys, why do you hate us? Don’t go all Andrew’s dad on me.

8 Likes

Damon’s pretty sharp on the technical side, but awesome to know there are other great people willing to chip in if needed.

They’re already letting us down by not doing it, but I have faith they’ll not let us down for long

I feel like Mike, tim and damon are so busy as is a regular podcast would be putting alot on thier plate.
I definitely would love something like this…
But i know how much work something like that can be…

3 Likes

Let’s not bring my Preacher patriarchal shitbag of a father into this, Brent. Save that for the phonesex.

I’m actually down to contribute. I’ve been told I’ve got a voice for radio and the face of a B-movie extra.

No but seriously, I do VO work and taught workshops/lectured in academia for a good amount of time. And you all know how much I love talking.

5 Likes

@mmaner and I are talking about a monthly or so thing where we discuss and talk about shit on video.

I mean obviously we will have a “conversation agenda”

Title something like:

“Beards, Boards, and Beers”

First one we want to do will go into Surf Rodz. How they work, who they are for, TKP vs RKP, available products for them, ect.

10 Likes

7 Likes

I think Weekly would be too much to ask for but a monthly I could totally see as do able.

7 Likes

Peer pressure does us all good in the long run. Do it in the gym though, get real glazed.

3 Likes

I feel like it’s at least a little bit more responsible…

yeah. lol

(@Sender on going 35 mph on a skateboard instead of 100 on a harley)

2 Likes

I did a shit ton of gaming and web shorts early in my career, and working with the VO talent was the best.

Quick story: Hired the old voice of Visa. Triple scale fee. He comes in, lays down a perfect read, he knows it, I know it, and I release him. $900 for 7 minutes of work.

6 Likes

I took video and audio production in college. I have audacity on my Mac as well as indesign, illustrator and photoshop and am willing to help in anyway

4 Likes

We could interview Jason!!!

Or just edit the 1000 vids he has already made for question responses, oh I can imagine the fun.

7 Likes