Ways to increase turn w/o increasing lean

Yeah, you can’t ride those at speed.

1 Like

Yep even dkp i have mine dialed in and faster than 40km It takes skill to keep it stable.

1 Like

don’t trip delirium trucks
or go tkp.

What deck do you have and what setup?

1 Like

Geometry. There’s no other way

1 Like

Get a scooter

2 Likes

But on some serious notes.
In my experience turning on a skateboard requires you to lean over Especially at decent speeds.
Now I have no problems keeping my board carvy/turny at low speeds yet composed at 40+
My setup is 90a barrels deck side and 87a barrels street side both front and rear these on 50/30d angles caliber style trucks
She rides like a dream :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

hold a water bottle and stick out your arm

4 Likes

Haha. Nah. He will still have to lean over to turn. Maybe if he stick his arm out and grab a stop sign pole as he’s riding??

it shifts the center of mass to one side without leaning. the heavier the water bottle, the greater the effect.

3 Likes

Yeah. You’re right :grin:

i do it because i’m too lazy to lean— gotta save my energy for the kickpush

and it takes less time than leaning. sometimes safer as well.

1 Like

No, he is not, you can’t move the center of gravity without getting lean. Feel free to test it.

3 Likes

Wth is going on here :rofl::rofl: Imo you’ll need like a gal of water to make that work :rofl:

4 Likes

Ride fast and lean to turn. Looks cool besides feeling awesome

i use a liter

technically i’m leaning but my body stays straight

actually the arm acts as a lever which multiplies the downward force so the farther you reach out the more you shift center of mass/lean

1 Like

Lean means that the board leans not your body. You can steer a board without leaning your body or using a bottle, but you don’t increase the turn relative to the lean with this method.

^so when i stick out a water bottle, i turn without “leaning” ie without bending my body

1 Like

Bull shit lol

7 Likes

i’m under the belief one can move a water bottle from one side to the other faster than thy can shift their whole body

And?
People believe a lot of stupid shit.

12 Likes