VX1 Battery Poll! Please vote

What’s up ESK8’ers,

On 5th of July I bought some components from Flipsky. I purchased their FSESC 6.6, VX1 remote and bullet connectors. I recently got around to putting the board together and while messing with the settings in the VESC tool and letting the remote run for a while I noticed it dropped charge pretty quickly. It would lose around 2 bars in less than an hour of riding. I opened the remote up with intent to find the dimensions of a battery I could fit in there as an upgrade. I found a 500mAh battery inside. I posted the battery picture on a Discord server and one of the members said his remote came stock with a 850mAh battery. That’s a pretty drastic difference IMO. A 70% capacity difference to be exact. The funniest thing is we ordered 3 days apart from each other.

My VX1

@stan 's VX1 battery

My question is what battery came with your VX1?

• 500mAh
  • 850mAh
  • Other

0 voters

5 Likes

Interesting. I have a “new” one coming next week from a Builders member, and I’m definitely curious now. As long as it’s better than the last Enertion Nano-x batteries that weren’t even used and never held a charge, I’ll be happy. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

That Nano-x battery on the right looks like it’s dead. It’s all puffed up.

And it’s definitely interesting. I want to find out what others have been getting. I’ve already messaged Flipsky about it and waiting for a response. Also my 850mAh replacement is on it’s way. It was only $10 but that’s additional $10 to $45 you are already paying for it.

1 Like

They were both puffed and unusable. One charged a bit, but died very quickly, the other (probably the right one) never charged and never even turned on by itself.

Well that does suck. At least VX1 comes with a working battery lol.

Lol I feel so bad for you guys / so lucky my nano literally has no issues.

Like it’s NEVER dropped out, never any pairing issues, long battery life ( I charged it literally twice a month during the summer when I would commute to work via my board).

Why is my nano not hot garbage?

I’ll check my vx1 when I get back to school, it was purchased awhile ago off of a builder who sold it to me.

1 Like

If everything they made was garbage, they would have ran out of business pretty fast. A lot of negative reviews on the forum will just increase the likeliness of yours being a bad sample, or a better product for the same amount of money, but at the end if a product works well for someone, it’s nice for them!
e.g there has been so many issues with the raptor, despite it being still a good board.

2 Likes

Bibbity bobbity bumping this topic out of curiosity.

what is the biggest battery that can fit in there reasonably?

1 Like

Some of them have 850mah because many people requested it as a upgrade.

i hoped someone who has the vx1 could point me to an even bigger battery that would fit

I measured. 850mAh is really the biggest one you could fit in there.

@Komamtb hey I see you voted “other”. What battery came with your VX1? Really curious.

That’s what flipsky has to say about it.

1 Like

Nice contribution to buy 500mah for others to be able to guy 850mah :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Days apart… I’m still salty LOL your build went too smoothly! :pouting_cat:
Cheers! :joy:

You can actually get a 1000mah one in there, this is the one I got - make sure to tell them which size you want

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KMdgIPXi

1 Like

Yeah size seems right. Should fit. Seems strange that most 850mAh’s are the same size as the 1000mAh.

My 850mAh replacement just came in so I gotta do some soldering.