VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

So since the clearcoat dried overnight, I decided to mount up the enclosure to the deck for the first time today as a bit of a test fit- except that I’ve run into a problem. When I fritted the deck I was unaware that the bolt pattern for the enclosure was asymmetrical, meaning with the way I want the design to face(rainbow in the back, cat going forward) the enclosure doesn’t bolt on the right way.

I managed to squeeze in all of the bolts on both sides of the deck with a bit of wiggling, but the four bolts securing the very front and back of the enclosure do not match up at all.

All this really means is that I just have to buy some threaded inserts, put some where the bolts now match up, and pull off the gasket so I can switch it around to the right direction.

8 Likes

So the last bits and pieces came in yesterday. Naturally, I couldn’t just not finish this board. So I then spent about 5 or 6 hours getting everything together last night.

6 Likes

So after about 4 months of waiting for parts, and 10’s of hours building this thing, I was able to do burnouts in my garage at 1AM.

It was the best feeling.

11 Likes

All I have to do now is finish waterproofing it and probably put some loctite on everything like a sane person. One small tangent: I started to charge it up this morning, and I noticed that the davega is reading a different voltage value than my charger is, should I be concerned? Its only about a .7v difference but I figured I would ask just in case.

Also is 54v a good cutoff voltage at 16s?

2 Likes

For soft cutoff yes. For hard 48.8v is fine.

4 Likes

approx 3v per cell cut off and about 3.2v per cell soft cut off

2 Likes

The voltage inconsistency between Davey’s and charger is all good too. The charger is prolly off a bit

3 Likes

Gotcha, thanks!

1 Like

Alright so after a bit of charging, It seems like its stopped at 63v, with the charge light green and saying 100%. Does this just mean that its balancing before it continues charging or is the charger not working properly? Just because full charge should read 67.2 v.

3 Likes

Check your smart BMS app, you should be able to see the cell level voltages and see if the BMS is balancing

3 Likes

This is absolutely a dumb question but what would the app be called by chance? I tried the daly bms app but had no luck in getting it connect with my bms.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah so it says balancing, so probably just need to wait a few days right?

2 Likes

The balancing would be in white if it was balancing so it isn’t right now.

2 Likes

So full charge is at 67.2v

Balancing would be lit up and flashing

3 Likes

Ohhh gotcha. Is there a setting i need to change in the bms app then to get it to charge fully?

1 Like

Is it not charging anymore?

2 Likes

Send me a DM let’s check your Voltage cutoffs

2 Likes

Yeah it stops charging at 63v. I have my cuttoffs set to 54.4 start and 48v end.

2 Likes

Different cutoffs, the BMS has some of its own

2 Likes