[Rubik's] First time build - Phase 3

@Swish You can add the rubber seal on it. Should help elevate it. If that doesn’t fix it - it could possibly be the deck concave but looks like your deck might be fine.

2 Likes

Will give it another try this arvo. I may also use some hard foam fixed to the deck around the enclosure edges.

Got a 3 week old baby that severely restricted my build time recently :rofl:

2 Likes

More shrink! Fitted using matches like a real cowboy

1 Like

Yes!!! It works!! First ride up the road and I was shitting my pants and I’m still giddy with excitement now :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Vid/pics to follow

3 Likes

Haha excellent. Well done :call_me_hand:

@b264 I’ve been searching your posts on the the mini remote to see if I could find how to change the signal from the remote wheel from accelerating to the trigger?

Remote performed flawlessly on its first ride yesterday, but I couldn’t get the signal to come from the trigger which meant I was holding the remote a bit weird.

Edit: I used CH1 for the antenna - should it be CH2?

Try using channel 2, I have mini remote and the trigger on mine works with the receiver on channel 2.

1 Like

Ask in the mini remote thread so others can find the answer too :wink:

1 Like

Sorry about that. My absolute pant shitting excitement of finally getting to ride it prevented me from thinking properly.

OMG, THIS BOARD! 4% batt used flying to work about 6km’s away. Never have I enjoyed going to work so much.

5 Likes

Welcome to a new world :smirk:

A world where you’re a 12 year old every day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I will do no work today.

12 Likes

Looking good :+1: Now you can travel miles for lunch :smile:

3 Likes

Yes, you will start disliking a bunch of food places you used to like, because they are too close to the office :smirk:

6 Likes

It’s a good thing my office is pretty much on the beach front in the Gold Coast - 20km ride to the coffee shop…

5 Likes

Sunny Aussie sky and smooth tarmac to work :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Updated Build Thread!

1 Like

Good thinking going with Tb, reliable, great products and great customer service. Although you may want to upgrade wheels eventually because mine have started chipping at 300km. The 110mm from Tb i’v heard are a dream to ride or the 97mm Manic wheels are also really smooth and are not too expensive! Great build as well!

3 Likes

Thanks! I do have a little chip or two… route has some gnarly patches. I’ve already decidedly I want at least 110 mm or AT!

1 Like

Yeah At is the way, they are pretty expensive though…

Uhhh yeh I know, I’m a fan of the thane feel and can’t help but drool at 110’s, but ultimately, I know I want to ride on a cloud whilst traversing 3" pot holes and cracks…

2 Likes