Voyage Systems: Megan and Minnie

Its under the expert tab

5 Likes

Megans are now sold out in our e-shop. Another batch is coming soon though. E-shop orders are shipped from Sweden by Roman, but I also still have a few Megans left here in Brno, so please PM if you need one quickly.

5 Likes

any feature updates planned for release atm? :eyes:

Weā€™re working on a new app and a new cloud. No ETA yet but weā€™re making good progress.

3 Likes

I want to connect a flexi BMS lite to the Minnie. Is this old Davega Diagram still the wiring diagram to follow?

Minnie doesnā€™t have UART, so that wonā€™t work. You need to put all 3 devices on the same CAN bus.

Megan = Minnie

5 Likes

Are the 2 can ports connected internally/on the pcb?
Can I just use the second can connector or do I need to configure a split cable?

Yes. Just connect ESC to one and BMS to the other.

1 Like

Just for my safety: there is no gnd or 5v connection needed?

Edith: nevermind, it works

Duuuude it worked

Thank you :green_heart: much love

3 Likes

Do me a solid and check the bms settings on vesc?

These were on on my setup with an xlite and need to be toggled off or it gives you unlogged faults and cutouts

Theres no such thingā€¦ Sry Iā€™m still learning on how to work with CAN.

Not relevant to this thread. Please take to PM. Cheers.

4 Likes

Dug this stormecore fix up and worked like a champ. Talked my friend into picking up a Megan and putting it in while i do a super naz battery swap for him. Moved the can 5v to the sentinel board uart 5v and got first boot. Canā€™t say often enough: much love using the Megan, all the telemetry, all the logs, every ride :grin:

4 Likes

Iā€™d just like to request that the Minnie guide be completed soon please. :grimacing::pray:

2 Likes

Anything specific youā€™re looking for that the Megan guide does not cover?

Iā€™m not sureā€¦ I didnā€™t really read the Meagan guide.

But some guidance on the GPS placement, using the Minnie for VESC tool connection, etc., as well as setting it up on mobile (or multiple mobile phones) would be helpful.

Iā€™m pretty unfamiliar with this ecosystem, and just now got to installing the Minnieā€™s into an eskate and a couple onewheels.

Much appreciated sir.

The initial setup is the same idea as Metr Pro CAN:
https://metr.at/setup

After that VESC Tool should work without any more setup.

GPS placement: Somewhere on top of the board is ideal. A good sky visibility is essential. If you have a wooden deck, it might work inside a bottom mounted enclosure as well but the performance will definitely be hindered. With a CF deck, top mounted GPS is the only option.

Other useful info:

2 Likes

Got it, thank you.

My last question has to do with the BMS data. Itā€™s all set up, via CAN, along with an ENNOID XLITE V3, and the BMS data reports normally in VESC tool, BMS tab is populated, and it appears on the CAN network.

Iā€™ve set in the Metr app to detect DieBMS/Flexi, and it shows up in the Expert area as a connected device, but I canā€™t seem to find the battery information anywhere. Any guidance on that would be helpful.

Thank you again.

2 Likes

I understand how this one is not easy to figure out. Roman is working on a new improved app with a much more intuitive user interface.

3 Likes