VOLOKNO composite mountainboard, longboard decks and enclosures

I’m open to debating the value of the different hub motors in my thread so maybe that’s the root of the prob. Ok I’ll stay out of those threads though till I figure this design and I’ll put up a post to see who wants it with no markup. Free. And with option for tabed cells for cheap. And I’ll shut up till then about it

3 Likes

Can we split this to the I don’t agree thread?
I think it’s ok to mention once that there cheaper options, but this went south again and doesn’t bring anything constructive to the actual thread.

8 Likes

i like to help people. really. but how @mmaner mentioned - i am not a real part of this community.
i joined .builders forum in April 2016 and according to stats - visited it at least 1.1k days. i read a looot of posts and topics but i posted a few posts.
why? because of language barrier. my whole live i learned german(and never english), and it is hard for me to know that other person can misundastand me if i make mistakes in my posts.
the second reason is also bounded with language barrier - if someone missunderstand me - it can harm this person. we discuss here high Volts, Amps and Speed, so imo you dont have a right to give info that could be misunderstood.

so because of this reason (i like to help people) in 2015 i created a Russian esk8 community. and my pm is open for all who needs help.
now this community is the biggest russian-speaking esk8 community and i am very proud of that.
but i also proud to believe that i am a part of this community. but a very speechless part :slight_smile:

about pcb price:
my point is - information is free, time cost money.
i always pay or try to offer money for stuff that i can not make myself. i think it is fair to pay for things that you can not make / dont have time to make.
i also can give you info which software i used and where i ordered pcbs, it is not a problem.
i guess - it is also ok to post in this topic alternative pcb sources. because if someone needs ready parts - he will buy it. and if someone wants to save some $$ - he will find a way to do it.

about vendor/business:
i dont associate me with business. it is kind soulless. i am more “one man band” who try to make esk8 stuff that is hard to make yourself at home.
i spent about 100$ for materials and 200$ for tools to make my first enclosure at home. at the end i had a nice enclosure and a room full of prickly fiberglass dust :slight_smile:
in january 2019 i decided to rent a office where i can make a workshop.
and now i can offer nice enclosures for pretty affordable price. and my room is clean :slight_smile:
here is a video about how i started to equip my worksop:

about better price:
@hummieee here is my fiberglass+wooden integrated deck with enclosure. price - 190$ incl shipping.

ifaik your deck is 220$, so as a “better price warrior”, could you pls post my deck in your decks topic. or should i do this? :slight_smile:
i am kidding. i know that you make nice decks, so keep do it.

as a conclusion.
i am very sorry for all mistakes in this text and for a long post. :slight_smile:
i guess we all deserve to have a choice where and what to buy. and more options are better for a whole community.
and if someone have a question about how to work with fiberglass, moulds, etc - feel free to pm me :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Hahahaha 6:40 really got me going :joy:

Keep up the good work.

5 Likes

Experiment with luminescent powder was successful :slight_smile:
12S4P universal enclosure - 77,5$ incl worldwide shipping with tracking number

9 Likes

@eLDoska Humans are programmed to do us vs them and also to keep their guard up until a person becomes familiar. Regardless, how’s business? Any new offerings?

4 Likes

yeah. i totally agree with you.

i have now 2 models of decks, 3 models of enclosures and a lot models of anti-spark switches and battery packs.
in the winter I plan to make couple new decks and enclosures

7 Likes

I see you and @Andy87 are both in the same city. Maybe you guys should meet up and we can have a trusted member see your stuff and you can also get a better understanding of our community here.

We never met and I as well haven’t seen his stuff in person, but we where writing a bit a while back and i‘m sure @eLDoska isn’t here to try to rip somebody off or what ever was the issue. The prices he choose is what he think is right to get a bit profit out of his work to develop and investigate into future projects. If that doesn’t work for somebody than well, nobody is forced to buy from him.
I also can confirm that @eLDoska started a pretty nice esk8 group which helps a lot of Russian guys to build there boards. It’s not so easy for people here to get information as many not really used to speak or understand English good enough to have a technical conversation and his site is a good platform to get help as well as some good deals or group buys.

8 Likes

I bought an antispark from @eLDoska 2 years ago, it has been extremely reliable for me, good seller with reasonable prices

8 Likes

You have an antispark that has been working for 2 years? Where is this mythical creature?

3 Likes

I do mate, has loads of cycles on it. In fact I bought a spare and its sat there on the shelf still.

It’s in my icarus, hasnt missed a beat

1 Like

I don’t like to talk about the anti spark in my board unless I upset it…
Push to start and everything. Been going for ages.

1 Like

That anti spark is done for now. You can’t just casually mention them, that’s how they know.

2 Likes

And you wankers kept this a secret. Noice

I see how it is.

5 Likes

Hey Lee, remember that time you bought an antipark from me and I forgot to send it and then went away on holiday and when I got back I finally sent it and it lasted less than a week in your board before it popped?

Good times

2 Likes

You have the story wrong bro… only the last bit though! I put it on the board and it was dead, didnt even last a second let alone a week! Great times.

Fair play you offered me a refund but I said no, keep it for your cocaine habit. I’m nice like that

12 Likes

Hey I just wanted to say, thanks for posting this, and for hanging around here and making your products available to us.

Can you show us your decks in more detail? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a true friend

2 Likes

there are some photos here:

and i hope in a couple days i can upload more photos

1 Like