Video on Onewheels & Right to Repair

these connectors are poor for long term reliability.

here is the mating connector.

1 Like

That is a metal nut. No glue was applied.

2 Likes

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Long story short. . .

I think people wanting a “plug and play” experience may be let down by those plugs their self desires.

1 Like

Details on what you mean?

2 Likes

Oh sorry I said plug and play kinda taking about vesc swapping but also kinda taking about reassembling a stock FM board and expecting extreme reliability.

I mean those last 7 pictures I posted show connectors that don’t hold up to the toughest standards possible.

If I were to help form a new standard connector set for these boards I would rather choose ones that can take a beating over whatever the legacy options were.

I’m not a connector expert but I’m sure there are tougher options for long term use.

To be more specific, the motor, sensors, footpad, battery input all have connecters that leave something to be desired.

2 Likes

Ah, well seeing that was a reason I wanted to do the controller box myself. I have different sensibilities for assembly that have come from my experiences doing eskates.

So yeah, there could be some more robustness.

2 Likes

safety

Don’t worry, they’ll sell you a couple of plastic bits for $30, and blame you for their junk design.

1 Like

They don’t need to worry about quality when they stifle innovation & competition with patents

“coming out with a full blown plug and play pint vesc conversion kit with BMS soon”

Roadblocks aren’t very good at stopping onewheelers

3 Likes