VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

@Trampa Is there any way to adjust the the min and max range of the WAND trigger? I max out at 31 mph on full charge. Although i only push the trigger upto 60% of its full movement, I max out on speed. This wouldn’t be so bad but there is a significant push back when my board maxes out which sketches me out and has almost made me eat shit. Like i’ll accelerate till 31 and then just stop. If the max happened when I push my trigger all the way up, I could at least be ready for the push back . Right now its so unpredictable i always have to slowly speed up , i cannot just get low and go. I need to be extra careful.

Is there any way to fix the min and max like we used to get for the ppm remotes?

1 Like

This is the answer to your question:

5 Likes

Anyone with a VESC WAND Remote wants to help me test Cruise Control :smiley:

Please

What’s up?

1 Like

I would Like to see how CC reacts to descending downhill and ascending uphill.

Namely:

Does it try to maintain the set speed downhill and fail?
Does it offshoot as a result of downhill?

Same thing for uphill

Does it try to maintain set speed uphill and fail?
does ti offshoot as a result?

Aww shit man. I’m in Florida. Sorry can’t really help with hills. I can tell you it’ll accelerate until it reaches the speed you set it at. It’ll also brake going downhill

2 Likes

brake as in to stop it or brake to reduce back to the set speed?

It keeps the speed, no matter of hills.

2 Likes

I see, and it does this via the app_nunchuk.c’s Cruise Control’s implementation right ? (no other modications In like the VESC_WAND software right?)

The Wand uses the VESC Remote app.

1 Like

Correct, it’s using the nunchuck app. All that’s passed through on the wand side is which mode is set if I remember correctly.

6 Likes

@Trampa I was wondering why there’s a lifetime (and also trip) odometer on the Backfire Mini Remote but not on the WAND?

Usually lifetime trip monitors are stored on the ESC and then when the remote connects to it, it syncs the data. That’s how it works on the Revel anyway.

In the case of the applications for the Wand, we use VESC, which does not retain any data except for the settings that we program it with initially. You’d need something like the @WavRX infinity logger to have a lifetime tracker like that. Even then, I doubt trampa would let you get into their code

Anyway, that’s one possible explanation, and who knows, maybe in the future, it will

1 Like

While not lifetime the VESC can log data. I’m not sure if it can do it without a NRF module but the way it’s set up in the VESC Tool leads me to believe it can. From what I last recall searching, the VESC logs until the Ram Buffer it’s stored in is full.

Like the majority of Benjamin’s projects, the Vesc wand is open source: https://github.com/vedderb/vesc_wand

Benjamin hates closed source stuff when it comes to anything VESC related.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to take that back then. I assumed the wand was independent and closed source

I have never seen a DIYer get that ram buffer data before, it would be cool though. If the infinity logger turns out as awesome as it seems then I’d rather just have that though

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think anything VESC related (software wise at least) is closed if Benjamin is involved. I could be wrong but I haven’t seen ti when it comes to Benjamin.

I got a ride file earlier thanks to kook. It’s not as nice as METR or what I’m seeing from iLogger but it’s nice to have. I’m going to use all 3 for data redundancy and checking. Hoping this project I’m working on makes people utilize the features the the VESC tool has more.

1 Like

Proper log files are pretty huge, so storing them on the RAM is no option. Also RAM in the chip should not be used to be permanently changed. The RAM suffers from that. A separate logging device is better. Benjamin and I work on a proper solution.

2 Likes

And what about extra functions of Wand like turning lights on you promote at the beginning? :slight_smile:

First we need the light distribution board…This is next on the list.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion. How and to which ports do I connect the infinity logger to on the Trampa MK III Vesc?