VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Where do you get the 5K from? We are talking about 100. Sorry when 100 are to much for you and not being a relevant quantity.

Its pretty simple. You told us “standard 0.75 round OLEDs” are not longer made and I should show you a factory that is “willing to start production”. Now I just respond to that and showed you that your statement was a lie and they don’t need to start production because these displays are still being made and can be sourced.

7 Likes

You can have two UART devices, one on the master and one on the slave. Put the Davega on the slave VESC and it will pull data from that.

2 Likes

Hexacopter, you should really get out of this thread!
I have no clue what your point is, other than creating totally irrelevant spam.
If you are so keen to buy 100 displays from EOL over stock, do it!
No one is hindering you to do so! Just do it.
We simply can’t base a new product on standard end of life components.

My advice to you: Design your own stuff and source your own components.

1 Like

I guess the point is that people get kind of tired of misinformation and bent/broken truths on a forum dedicated to developing new tech together.

22 Likes

Where are the Unity Schematics?

4 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::eyes::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

1 Like

Diversion, a tactic to redirect argument when it isn’t moving in a favorable direction rather than addressing issue at hand.

We have chosen not to release them to discourage ripoffs and secure profit to keep myself gainfully employed. It was developed leveraging openly available reference designs through TI and others and I am not under any obligation to release it. Speaking of things not relevant to this thread your post is prime candidate.

If you want to keep the remote proprietary why not keep the remote firmware closed source as opposed to providing inaccurate information regarding the availability of the display that is easily discovered to be false? Apologies if I sound upset I’m more just confused on the strategy.

A side note I tested the remote with/without the metal enclosure. I get intermittent dropouts at a range of about 15ft in favourable conditions with the metal case on and 30ft with it off under the same conditions. I’d strongly encourage you to redesign this aspect of the design for safety reasons removing metal in close proximity to antenna.

22 Likes

source

10 Likes

PREACH! Can I get an Amen :slight_smile:

18 Likes

When I brought this up publicly with Jason back in March, you said it didn’t matter?

Ultimately, I’m not sure it’s fair to attack the designer of a device. You say this as if it’s Jeff’s choice to release/not release. It was an Enertion product. Ask Jason.

6 Likes

Happy to take, not so happy to give back…

You always have a choice for whom you work.

Nice comeback Trumpa…

You also have a choice of being kind or being a dick.

5 Likes

@Trampa Do you have an ETA on the OS release of the firmware?

I’m not interested in the hardware so much as I am interested in aligning towards a unified remote firmware (in reference to my OSRR project).

@Deodand and I have discussed collaboration on creating a unified OS remote standard quite a bit, so curious if we might all benefit from combining efforts on this topic. It’s a critical control system, it impacts safety. I think the more people involved with developing/testing the better.

9 Likes

Fucking Amen brother.

You like a rat with a gold tooth right now?

(australian colloquialism and I have no idea what it means either)

5 Likes

you go both ways

3 Likes

FYI…

3 Likes

That doesn’t apply at all in this scenario. I will think on another.

3 Likes

As usual, the code will go online sooner than later. Benjamin usually polishes the code and ads in notes etc. He did put quite some effort in lately and we improved safety together a lot. That had priority. There was a big fat VESC-Tool update that also got some attention… One thing after another is the only way to work down the pile.

In general:

…on a forum dedicated to developing new tech together.

We have chosen not to release them to discourage ripoffs and secure profit to keep myself gainfully employed. It was developed leveraging openly available reference designs through TI and others and I am not under any obligation to release it.

@Deodand
I can’t really see community benefits from designs that create fundamental incompatibilities and are not publicly available. To prevent “ripoffs”, you actually run a software fork that only works in conjunction with a hardware that is not publicly documented in terms of electronic schematics. So basically the software fork is completely useless for anyone who wants to develop new technology.
This really helps the community to develop tech together in terms of Open Source projects.

3 Likes

Hi! I like it very much for a long time. I placed an order in Trampa and it was cancelled. Why not sell it to my Chinese? I use Benjamin.

2 Likes