VESC (Very Official)™ - Missing Options

Only with active braking AKA HAND BRAKE. Something that has been debated for a long time.
This sort of brake would shoot a current into your motor to hold it. That consumes energy and heats up your motor, since there is no cooling when you don’t move. For small loads that is no issue, e.g. holding a VESC driven cable camera on a slope. For a skateboard on a steep slope it is quite a high current you would need.

2 Likes

Same pain. I’ll try in the next few days to port some features missing back to upstream. I’ll open a pull request for Vedder who nowadays seems way more eager to accept them (I made the pr for fixing the brakes).

2 Likes

Vedder will be in Berlin Friday to Sunday, so we will look into everything.
If you can shoot up a pull request that’s great.
Priority is adaption to use the new QT 5.12, so that everything is streamline with 64bit versioning for upcoming Android systems.

I read through this read and i have no clue what’s going on, I just like the feeling of reading and nodding my head as if I understand.

1 Like

When can I get one of these? I want it for my kaly 2.0 build.

Isn’t this already in the latest vesc tool?
I have it in the mobile app version 1.16

@mmaner One of these? Are you talking about the VESC FW update or about the DAVEgas (in which case you would be in the wrong thread)?

The davegas, I’ll pm you. I think I replied to an old Post.