VESC Tool Mobile now on the iOS App Store

I don’t know what happens with my vesc tool on the iphone, as it disables the connection of my control, even though it is configured in uart.
My controller is the VX2 Flipsky. Could someone give me a light?

Had the same issue, never figured it out…
I have placed an extension cable to my ESC, to be able to do motor detection etc through PC, without opening the enclosure!

1 Like

So it was a long time for me to find out that my controller stopped after logging into the app…LOL
@Deodand Is there an app update to fix this bug?

Can you elaborate what is happening and with what hardware? You connect over Bluetooth with your phone and your uart remote quits responding?

1 Like

Vescl dual Flipsky 4.20 iPhone 15.6.1

Is the Bluetooth module plugged into one side and the remote the other side?

@Deodand @Trampa
The VESC app disconnects from the module after 1-2 minutes :((

I would like to do:

1. Automatic connection when you open the VESC app and opens the desktop with current indicators.
  2. Track recording (with gps map and graphs of indicators - similar to metr.at)

Just wanted to say once again that I love this app! I log almost every ride, tuning is all part of the fun for me. I transfer the logs via Google drive to my PC then use VESC tool to view.

A while back I commented that I had an issue with the app " freezing". I figured out it was some shake setting in IOS that I had to turn off.

Honestly, I can’t remember how the problem manifested itself and what the exact fix was but I do know it drove me nuts while it was happening.

1 Like

Might be a silly question, but what BT module are you guys using to connect to the iOS app? Seems like all of the ones I see online say that they are for Android only. I suspect they say that because the product descriptions are old, but I wanted to check before I bought one.

Metr, the ones in the xenith/unity or the one in the stormcore.

None are android specific. They all say that because vesctool is brand new to ios

Excellent. That’s exactly what I suspected. Thanks.

I’ve been using this with my new build, really happy so far. My main use is PROFILES I have a muggle mode for friends to have a play without dying and a mode for my kids that limits them to 8MPH so my wife doesn’t divorce me! Allows me to change at will really quickly back to my own profile without having to keep plugging a laptop in. I was happy to pay a small fee for the convenience and help support the good work of VESC Tool.

(I am using a Flipsky Dual 6.6 ESC and their bluetooth module)

2 Likes

Hey Fellas, Having a problem with viewing realtime data.

I’m using a FS 4.20 with a NRF51 module installed on a escooter ( yeah, I know their reputation is not the best for several reasons but this was bought before I knew what was up).

Everything was working great including live data but it suddenly stopped working only when when I try to switch to live data. I can change settings normally but when trying to view live data the app becomes non responsive/ freezes. I have to kill the app and connect again. Again, everything used to work just fine with this setup. The live data freeze just started out of the blue yesterday.

Funny thing is I have the same issue with the Android version of the app so it doesn’t seem like it’s this app that’s at fault. Still, hoping someone can help.

Screenshot of the app when frozen.

Never mind my last post. I ran the motor wizard and the control input wizard and everything works again. Not sure what happened but I’m going to save the settings configuration just in case it happens again

1 Like

Who gets the money when one buys this in the app store?

1 Like
2 Likes

Were there ever any developments in this direction?

1 Like

Yea we have been doing some work on local logging to SD and modules and server side stuff but haven’t got started on the UI half of it. It’s really a question of just handling data nicely and the framework is starting to look better all the time.

2 Likes

Vedder posted a video about it on his youtube channel like maybe 2 days ago

1 Like