Vesc tool, canbus not enabled?

Just getting this when trying to setup a dual vesc, no matter what i do it wont enable can.

What should i do?

billede

Forgot to mention, its latest build

@Trampa

VESC-Tool 2.04: FW 5 >> A BIG STEP FORWARD

try it here

So two VESC 6 then?

Its a dual one pcb, flipsky 6.6

Both sides works, and i did confirm they have a can connection since it did react to an input but it does not allow me to do anythinng can releated in the app.

Legit clueless on what to do, led blinks when not connected to vesc tool meaning both gets an input.

Vesc tool cant find the slave side via a scan, it says old firmware when i try and do a manuel can setup.

Did you update the firmware for each USB port? I think Flipsky has 2 USB ports even though it’s 1 PCB. Have to updated the firmware individually.

Yep, tried many firmwares as well and the custom one it just does not want to work-

1 Like

Windows? LINUX? ANDROID?

Windows 10.

Download from here? https://www.vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

1 Like

Yep.

Just updated it today as well.

I get that error when trying to connect to the canbus from the connections tab. No idea what is it about.
Canbus should be automatically “active” and it should show on the bottom left. That’s all you need to modify settings on the other side of the can through the same micro-usb port, or complete detection wizards.

Do you have the following settings:

CAN_STATUS_DISABLED on the master
CAN_STATUS_1_2_3_4 selected on the slave module?

Also VESC ID should be different on both units.

Just checked it, works great for me.

Yep, it just says wrong firmware and disconnects the vesc then.

Seems like its a firmware thing and my pc being an idiot, got it fixed in the phone all with an older build but honestly imma move to escs again this way to fancy and still not at a point i feel safe at.

1 Like

I get the same problem don’t know how to fix
Whant to know if you did it
I get the same message see picture

@Broly how have you gone with fixing your canbus problem?

Thanks

@Lumaci did you figure out a way to fix the slave can connection?