Vesc tool BLE setup metr pro

It could be. Later I will take the enclosure apart and swap it to the master and report back on my findings.

The tool makes no reference to master/slave anymore since you plug into one and it does detection on both at the same time. If I was a noob you would have to explain to me which side is master - food for thought.

1 Like

I will check that on my hardware and see if that works or not. I have to dig out an old PPM controller first.

1 Like

@Lee_Wright
Make sure that under the motorcfg tab -> additional info -> setup , all the parameters have been set correctly for both motors.
When you do the wizard setup, it only sets up the parameters on one motor.

Which parameters mate? It does detection on both motors at the same time now.

Yes but when you select the S count, battery capacity etc it only inputs them under one motor.

I got 19.2 / -12 / 190 / -97 the first time I ran the detection and the same within 2% on the next 5 times. Those are crazy values, not at all usable.

what are you talking about? RT data?

The setup wizard

As TAZ said, you need to go to motor cfg tab -> additional info -> setup and ad in the cell count and capacity. This is only the case if the PPM is not on the same ESC as the dongle. I tested it out.

After dropping in the Battery values, everything reads just fine. I will debate a fix for that.

1 Like

I havent used the dongle for setup, always use the computer. You shouldnt need to do any further config on individual vescs if you go through the wizards

@trampa So I changed the dongle onto the master and observed the same behaviour but in reverse. Turns out @taz was spot on. For some reason the slave was set to a cell count of 3. How is that possible? When going through the wizard on the PC I set the cell count, this should have applied it to both controllers, if not why does the wizard not prompt you to go and do that to the salve during setup? I’m talking purely on the PC wizard here, it sets both controllers up at the same time now.

1 Like

WE will look into that. I tried the App and could only replicate your experience with ppm on slave.

1 Like

It happens to me with the receiver and dongle on the master vesc.

1 Like

Ben will sort it for you guys. Personaly I can’t replicate it with NRF and PPM on one side, but we will find out what the cause could be.

Keyboard issues are likely to be a bug in android or the old QT version, since that is not handled by the APP itself. The new QT5.12 compiled version seams to work much better for the keyboard. So that is very likely to disappear on the next version.

1 Like

It’s not actually to do with the side the dongle or PPM is on. I believe the bug is in the PC tool, when you select cell count and capacity it is not writing that to both vescs, it’s only writing it to the one you are plugged into

Check if you use CAN FWD during setup. You should not do that. Plug USB into the “MASTER”, having PPM and dongle on.

Purely going through the wizard here, it should just do that no matter which VESC you are plugged into shouldnt it? The wizard sets up both controllers now (which is class!) At the same time. So it does detection on both sides ok, then the battery section it’s only writing that to the controller you have the micro USB in

Yes, that is about right. There is probably a fix for that. Usually you define a Master and plug everything into the Master (USB, dongle, PPM). When using the APP, you are always on the VESC that has the Dongle on. Only if you activate CAN FWD you go to the slave.

Don’t worry, it will have a fix in the new version.

1 Like

Defining Master is old speak, the wizard makes no reference to this any more. But yes, no can forward. It’s a bug with the wizard.

How would I go about switching it back into foc? Where is the option for it?