VESC-Tool 6 release

It’s the bootek way to say free my dude

1 Like
6 Likes

I had another response from Lacroix and they confirmed again, in conjunction with one of their engineers, that the 60D+ has high-side shunts and phase filters so go figure. They are going to look at the hardware config files…

2 Likes

Check out @Deodand ’s response above shunts / filters. He designed the stormcore.

7 Likes

Yes they are low side, admittedly it is probably a bit more design focused question than support usually deals with but we should get their info straightened out.

Also FYI the iOS version was approved today so that is exciting!

9 Likes

OK so Lacroix support is now clear (as am I) :slight_smile:

@Deodand (and @Shadowfax) thanks for the details and clarity.

So back to sHFI and any other ESC that does really have the right hardware. Has anyone managed to get it to work (silently)?

3 Likes

I’m going to be testing it out pretty soon with a set of trampa v6 escs. Hopefully next weekend

3 Likes

Realizing that I have a Trampa VESC in my hub board with no sensors. Really should try this sHFI :thinking:

3 Likes

Do it!

1 Like

@Trampa how do I get the old version of the vesc tool for android?

Edit: DM me for the file for the latest version BEFORE V6 since frank will try to take down any download link bc he doesn’t care about us

3 Likes

by searching on their website for the wand or vesc 6 then buting it and getting a special code :crazy_face:

best of luck, don’t end up in @glyphiks sex dungeon along the way

The VESC-Tool 6 is compatible with older FW and will adjust the UI accordingly.
VESC-Tool 6 also features a FW archive, so that you can easily install older FW.

3 Likes

That isn’t the question he’s asked.

6 Likes

How do install the old android version of vesc tool ? Is the only option to go to GitHub and compile it ourselves?

Have you decided for us that we should use the latest version, and we should fuck off?

1 Like

he made that decision years ago :yawning_face:

1 Like

fuck off, more like

fuck on

1 Like

grafik

4 Likes

So the vesc project is one of those

“Do what we say or fuck off” kinda projects? That’s nice to know. I’m sure this is exactly what vedder wants

I understand the frustration, I was similarly pissed when Frank nuked the precompiled archive thread. His interests do not seem to align with that of the community.

However, I don’t think he’s the right person to be bringing complains to about the VESC project.

A few enthusiasts and hardware designers had a lot of the same concerns we do. Releases coming whenever, safety issues, beta program not well tested, lack of communication, unknown future direction of the VESC project or what it’s really supposed to be, etc.

Instead of complaining to Frank, who will selectively filter what he tells Vedder to work on based on how much money it will make him, they decided to make their own Discord server about a year ago. They put together a well thought out document with a list of questions/concerns and asked Vedder, who was not yet part of that community, for a response. That turned into a 2.5 hour voice Q&A, which ultimately turned into Vedder being really active in the Discord and the community overall coming together to focus on creating a lot of cool new features.

I would encourage people with legitimate complains, like Jackson has raised about old versions or thermal throttling only one motor, to join the Discord and thoughtfully describe the issues you are having. Also if you discover a repeatable bug, raise an issue on Github with screenshots/logs/proof whatever. Things have changed a lot recently, and the few issues I’ve bought up were changed in days. Not guaranteeing everything will go that smooth, but this is a passion project for sure, and he genuinely seems to want to help people out. Thing is, he doesn’t even know what the problems are if people aren’t testing stuff and reporting issues.

19 Likes

Vedder is free to code what he wants to code. At the end of the day it is his baby and I’m pretty sure that he puts a lot of thought into the way he releases the software. Personally I never had an issue with configuring older FW via the latest Beta. However, if there is a bug somewhere it can be addressed.
Github is a good way to feed input back towards him and also the Discord server mentioned above.

2 Likes