VESC-Tool 2.04: FW 5 >> A BIG STEP FORWARD

@kook if you have a mini tutorial, would be nice.
I still have 3 or 4 unities, but i don’t like being a tester as it caused 6 weeks of unemployment before :sweat_smile:
Sorry if further down you already detailed your steps.

1 Like

Can I setup HFI from the mobile tool? Or will there be an option to do this in the future?
I’m interested to try this on my Hummie hubs.
I updated FW yesterday on mobile tool.
Dual focbox, can, Trampa dongle.

3 Likes

I got problem updating to FW 5.

I updated one of my single focboxes selecting “4.10, 4.11, 4.12” and got problem connecting to it using 2.04 VESC tool from PC after.

Used Ackmaniac VESC tool from PC to install old firmware again and could then connect to the focbox.

Did same steps again and got the same results.

Has anyone got this firmware to work on single focbox?

1 Like

I have it working at this time on a FOCBOX 1.6, yes.

2 Likes

yeah I switched to hfi from vesc tool app on phone

3 Likes

Running 2 of them on FW5 without a problem.

2 Likes

And can I tune it from there?

1 Like

you can change all the same settings

2 Likes

Temperature wire from the motor has no connection.

It is a bug with the firmware.
Both of my motors were showing temperature and after the update it was not showing.
I performed the update wirelessly so no wires were tampered with.

6 Likes

You can guess numbers till it works but AFAIK you cant get the graphs to tune it properly. @Deodand said they plan to work on an automatic detection for HFI parameters and add this to the wizard int he future but there is no set timeline for this.

1 Like

@trampa maybe you know??

Those are the cheap and slow HM-10 modules. For VESC-Tool you need the fast NRF51xx series.
Otherwise a FW upload would take ages and real time data and data logging would also not work reliably.

3 Likes

So I don’t need it so much for a firmware upload rather just to see errors and to record rides (maybe)
Would they connect to the vesc tool

Only NRF Dongles that are designed to work with VESC-Tool are an option. HM-10 is not supported.

Ah ok thanks

What nrf51 modules are out there

Untrue

True

7 Likes

Are there any apps that work with those hm10 modules?

This one works fine.

1 Like

The Ackmaniac firmware and app use HM-10 modules. The app provides reliable telemetry, has for a long time. I cant speak to the BLE > TCO/IP connection as I have never seen a completely reliable connection for upgrading firmware, this includes NRF modules. I use USB to upgrade firmware, every time and will continue to do so until something proves to work flawlessly.

5 Likes