Vesc tool 2.0 hfi help

Thanks, so you’ve set 28V as the run voltage or the high start?

I’ve done so many of these I don’t remember but the highest number I see right here in my notes was for a Carvon motor

Follow the video carfefully and repeat multiple times and keep notes for best results

Some motors I just can’t seem to get working well, and if you have a cracked or loose magnet, fugget about it

Other motors work really well

2 Likes

@b264 care to share your numbers for the torqueboards 6380? I struggle with vesc tool and HDI

@Soflo every motor is different, but try this

On dual drives you need to seriously jack up the Sensorless ERPM HFI, like double it, or at least have the left and right cut off at different times

1 Like

It should also be noted that certain VESCs also don’t like HFI.

The trampa VESC6 has had pretty good results with me. On the same motor an OG standalone Focbox has performed notably worse. What’s even more surprising is I’ve handled other derivative VESC 6’s that perform even worse than a 2 shunt focbox. All on the same motor and battery setup.

2 Likes

Yeah @Deodand said the 2 shunt 4.x hardware should in theory work better with HFI, not worse.

1 Like

Theory sounds like a great place, I’d like to go there some day.

In all seriousness, my two focboxes both cannot perform HFI with the settings my vesc6 can. The noise is just wayyy higher. It’s entirely possible that a 2 shunt design would work better, but that’s not accounting for other potential performance benefits seen in later designs.

1 Like

We tried here back in Prague, CZ, the HFi on 2 sets of DD’s, one 90 KV, one 75 KV. We can now say that it does not work on them, we tried different settings, different voltages, no luck. The stutters are real !!

2 Likes

I’ve had back luck with HFI on low Kv motors, small size motors, and motors that have an elevated temperature.

1 Like

@b264 what esc are you running?

Mostly FOCBOX 1.3, 1.6, 1.7 but also TB6

3 Likes

Does anyone know if HFI will work with inrunner modors?

1 Like

cmon… and take a video

1 Like

I made it sort of work… But then switched to BLDC instead and they worked better than I could manage on HFI. We need an auto HFI doohickey.

5 Likes

Agreed, HFI WIZARD!!!

3 Likes