VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

never been so happy to see this message.

7 Likes

Perfect, glad it worked!

1 Like

With the new tool how do we send can to the slave. I donā€™t see the option any longer in the App settings?

You can download the FW here: https://github.com/vedderb/vesc_tool/tree/master/res/firmwares
Either you use the Ackmaniac Tool to upload it, or you use the VESC-Tool.
Go to Firmware menu and select custom file tab, choose downloaded file, hit upload.
Worst case: use SWD Prog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFFiVxFHDM4
Minute 5:30 onwardsā€¦

1 Like

In that case it is not smart reverse. I havenā€™t tried braking on a hill to a full stop in this mode.
HFI might be strong enough to hold you on a slight hill.

5 Likes

Kiss Ben and Jeff for me, okay?

1 Like

not with those eye brows

2 Likes

I like this. Opens the possibility of using unsensored motors in ā€œFOCā€ without the need for sensors. If Iā€™m not mistaken sk3s are unsensored and really reliable, this basically allows unsensored motors that were strictly used as BLDC like the sk3 to run ā€œFOCā€ if wanted, and as a backup for broken sensors and not needing to buy completely new motors (if the sensors couldnā€™t be fixed).

That is actually useful, possibly in longterm it will end up being even more useful.

Make a seperate variation of the vesc without sensor ports and same some space, cost, etc. For those who know that they wonā€™t need it.

4 Likes

The sensor port doesnā€™t add any relevant cost.

2 Likes

Why you canā€™t run unsensored motors in FOC?

4 Likes

@Resonant

works like a charm unsensored FOC

9 Likes

My B was mistaken

Iā€™m at that point again. Currently trying (yet again) to set HFI up

Clicking on Brake just clicks the Motor, no continous sound.
Tool 2.02 and FW 4.1
4.12HW

foc_plot_hfi_en 1
measure_ind 0.2
sensor mode HFI
channel 3456 disabled
changed to dots instead of lines
RT data and Heart are on.

Nothing

2 Likes

I went back to sensored, at high duty cycle my motors made awful noises and I donā€™t want people to think Iā€™m using squirrels as slaves to pull my longboard.

5 Likes

Are you doing it via metr TCP?

nope, hfi was via usb

Master vesc or slave?

Master (Single drive)

Strangeā€¦ I could make it work only on my master vesc, enabling the HFI plot every time I connected. (Via tcp bridge)

Maybe try reflashing the SW

1 Like

did that too. It was a fresh install.

Fresh motor setup, everything fresh.