VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

Hey @Deodand, any ETA on the Unity FW with HFI?

2 Likes

Bit disappointing and maybe I’m wrong but wh/mi is wrong.

My battery charger matches with mAh Out exactly which correlates to Wh Out… But for some reason the formula used subtracts Wh In from Wh Out before dividing by total distance, so you get a wh/mi less than the true value.

1 Like

This is probably intentional since in the end what most people need to know if how far their battery can take them. Taking into account wh in gives a more accurate value of wh/mi

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you mean it would be more accurate. It’s not taking into account wh in for wh/mi calculation

For example I used 735wh and traveled 28miles. That’s about 26wh/mi… The app says I used 20wh/mi.

Let’s say you also produced 175wh in the form of regen.
So 735-175=560wh
Divided by 28miles ->20wh/mi
I don’t see why you consider this incorrect.
It just takes into account the energy you put in the battery. In the end what you want to know is the sum of energy consumed per mile hence (out-in)/distance

1 Like

I put 735wh back into my battery though, not 560wh. What am I missing here

1 Like

You mean to say that you measured the wh into the pack when you charged it and it was 735wh?
In that case it is either losses or there is something wrong with the calculations.

2 Likes

Yeah I measured 17Ah (735wh) back into the 12s battery. Fully charged before and after ride

It’s Vesc tool app formula for Wh/mi that’s wrong.

1 Like

Call me old style but I still like the punch of sensorless BLDC, and the sound it makes, feels like I’m riding a space ship. Oh and I love when everyone turns around to see what the F* is happening :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I thought about it more and total wh used should be

735wh+175wh(regen)=910wh

735wh should be used for Wh/mi calculation though. 560wh is used…
So the formula used is is subtracting regen current twice.(910wh-175wh-175wh)/28miles

I wish i was getting 20wh/mi. That would mean my 4wd is more efficient than 2wd even though Im getting less range with same size battery

Pretty big oversight it seems. Ackmaniac had it right.

1 Like

Still nothing. Not even with a vesc 6.

1 Like

VESC 6 or 4.12 HW?

2 Likes

Both. Tried it with 4.12 and now with a fsesc 6.6, no sucess. Same result

1 Like

VESC 6 is not FSESC 6.6 but this is interesting. I’m about to try HFI on a new prototype TB ESC based on HW 6

1 Like

Also what i have noticed is that the Resistance and Inductance in the Motor detection are 3 times higher wit the vesc tool 2.02 as with the ack tool.

my bad, vesc 6 based esc from Flipsky :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That is interesting. Thanks; I will also check for this

3 Likes

@Trampa Why is it that HFI is only on FOC? Is this a technical or mathematical restriction, or was it simply only implemented there [for now]?

I like how BLDC is louder, more powerful, faster, and easier on the ESC.

3 Likes

Need to edit my statement a bit. It was primarily Inductance. My current inductance is 12.04 (ran motor detection 10 min. ago)

3 Likes

All of the cool kids get to test the TB ESC I see, I’ll just be here with my 1986 jalopy VESC

6 Likes

Is there a reason why the ld_lq_diff increased so drastically?

First motor detection

second motor detector

Did yet another motor detection and measured the inductance 6 times.

2 Likes