Vesc that works?

Ive been having constant problems with the entire range of Flipsky vesc. Simplify singles, mini duals, all 6.6. Can someone please recommend a Vesc or Esc that will actually fucking work? Im honestly wishing castle creations made a 12s esc like the ones Moestooge runs. All I see are Unity problems, Flipsky problems, etc… I’m only running 29a battery per esc. 12s foc. Please help. Torqueboards when will your new offerings be released?

2 Likes

There are usually some used/refurb FocBox’s for sale, I’d look for some of those.

2 Likes

You can get some VESC 6 from Trampa, it’s expensive but definitely worth

3 Likes

What problems are you having?

I have a working one on my shelf.

Cut outs. Doesn’t matter if it’s a single or dual. One or both will cut out. Ive only had the 6.6 mini for about a month and it’s failing on both sides. It’s not my battery.

Im fucking tired of street face because of electrical components. If I face it, i want to be the reason.

6 Likes

What makes you think it’s not remote problem? If you have metr pro, it should be easy to debug the source of the problem. Otherwise you would be unnecessarily swapping out components…

Sounds like you should pick up a prebuilt.
Lots of people on this forum (myself included) don’t have issues with Flipsky’s ESCs. I haven’t seen an ESC free of QC issues, but if you are really zero for two (not even close to their whole range, but I imagine you were trying to be dramatic) you’re either really unlucky or you have a problem elsewhere.

I have 2 benchwheel remotes and 1 wand. It’s not the remote. Ive swapped parts around and identified the problem. Flipsky is garbage.

1 Like

RyEnd… fuck you buddy!
Ive built 3 diys, I know what the fuck im doing. These are garbage and the customer service is just as bad. If these are so great why does LHB agree they are trash and not use them in his builds? This board has been perfect up until the esc take a shit.! And im actually 0/4 20191007_231614|666x500

2 Likes

Haha, I couldn’t resist. You’re fired up, man. Go buy some different ESCs, I guess?

4 Likes

Vesc 6, or ESCapes for 6.0 HW

Let’s not forget that Damon has different requirements for his lightning powered murder boards, And that a products ‘greatness’ exists on a scale of how intense your project is.

Flipsky vescs will shine in the low power department whereas the examples I gave above will shine no matter the task because their increased price and ability to function 🤷

Your build seems quite beefy, maybe it’s time to stop looking at derivatives of what you know you need.

1 Like

How do you have that enclosure sealed up? The holes where the phase wires come out of look pretty massive

Also I see lights… What’s your setup for those? TTL?

There are these:

Don’t know how well they run but someone can chime in on how good they are.

1 Like

Enclosure is bolted down, big holes for phase wires so there can be air exchange. No water or moisture has been anywhere near this. Lights are a simple usb led strip with seperate USB battery bank

Thanks man, I thought the 6.6 mini would be solid. I was wrong. What experience do you have with the EScapes? I’m kinda thinking about dropping the cash on the trampa vesc6 because they seem to work.

Ok so, what im about to say is pretty dependent on your view of electronics, as well as filled with my opinion buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

I would never have a hole in my enclosure like that, road debris, dust, and even water (yes I know you said there was none… but… really >_> ) WILL make its way into the enclosure. Unfortunately from there its pretty much guesswork as to what will kill your ESC or board :thinking:

I think you should invest in the VESC 6s, seal that enclosure up and add a gasket for good luck.

If its not related to debris and water, it could very well be the FOC thats stressing your VESCs to extinction :man_shrugging: This is where the OG VESC 6 will absolutely chew you up and spit you out. In a good way :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll probably go that route. Appreciate the advice

1 Like

Ive got a flipsky 6.6 dual that just dropped one whole side after 3km… as far as I can tell, everything was hooked up properly… i second that they are pieces of shit.

Gonna replace it with to of the flipsky 4.20 singles. Hoping they are not just as shitty.

1 Like