Vesc not working? Please help?

Ok. My best guess is you fried the VESC. Could be from water Ingress, could be from a bad motor or could be bad settings on the VESC.

Ain’t no fixing that for you, buy another one. Oh btw welcome to DIY - shit is expensive!

1 Like

As in ok fine I burnt a vesc

How can I test and confirm that though

If you look at the pictures nothing seems burnt or anything

Also when I tested the wires at the vesc they still were receiving a voltage

If you cant connect to it with a USB cable have you tried doing so via the UART dongle you can buy from Trampa/flipsky?

1 Like

I haven’t because I don’t own one

Thank you for the idea though

Better get one then, $9 at flipsky

1 Like

And 1 month shipping

Or trampa £25 and next day shipping??

Hmmmm

a drv wzrd is a very good friend to have… im sure there are vesc repair services in the uk (in case a fault occurred). I once didn’t insulate my phase wires correctly. A smalltear formed and touched my motor can… focbox dead…$45 dollars later, good as new!

1 Like

K as in do they need to be specifically a esk8 guy or can it be any random guy who knows what he’s doing

Also if anyone know can you recommend one in uk

Sorry. I only know one guy and he is in Canada.

2 Likes

Is there anyway to check what the problem could be

As in which part shorted or what happened

@Halbj613 Only if you are able to follow traces on the board and do continuity tests. If this doesn’t speak to you, theres no way for you to fix it yourself. Get a dongle or a nucleo and see if they detect it. Otherwise find a esk8 dev wiz in your country.

1 Like

So I have been directed to http://sprusi.com/index.php

He is a forum member just can’t remember the name

I do know how to test for continuity just not on a vesc

Thank you though for the help and advice @Flasher

1 Like

Well said, Lee.

4 Likes

I believe that would be @seaborder

2 Likes

So I have emailed him through his site and if he cannot fix it then I will replace it

I am going on camp till the end of the summer so I only need to finish my build after that

Thank you everyone for the help

The reason I am not buying a meepo is since I have had it working no way am I giving up now

Honestly building this has been crazy fun and a really good experience

If it keeps going wrong and not working then we will see but for the moment I would like to stay

1 Like

@MartinSp

I think this is the guy

At least this is the name on the other fourm

1 Like

Just confirming Is it safe to run the board as single drive until the vesc is replaced or fixed

1 Like

If you remove the belt then I don’t see any reasons not to.

1 Like

Run it as a single for now. You’re a light guy so it should still be fun. If it was a 4.12 I would say its canbus related if there are no lights at all but the 6 is much more stable over can bus. I’m sure it can be repaired though as there doesn’t look to be any significant damage. Sometimes they just go poof for no apparent reason no matter how good your diy skills are. Sad but true.

1 Like

K thank you very much

I will send it in

If he can’t fix it then I guess I will replace it if he can then everyone’s happy

Do I need to remove the motor which isn’t being used or do I only need to remove e belt

1 Like