VESC FW 5.x - Beta Testers wanted [SERIOUS]

Hmmm…sorry that I couldn’t help much mate…

I updated mine to the beta version this morning and did detection with no issue, haven’t ride it yet but bench testing it looks & feels the same as it was on the stable FW :+1:

1 Like

Like I said, I messed with the current settings, will redo detection before my next ride.

Scimmed thru the details, is the autowheelie part of this update? Saw some pull request relating to imu balancing that was added

5 Likes

What does this mean? The one motor doesn’t spin up at all. New motor time? Fuck! What else?!

Flux linkage is the linking of the magnetic field with the conductors of a coil when the magnetic field passes through the loops of the coil, expressed as a value.

Check your connectors, bullet connectors, solder joints, if you are using sensors che the are connected…It a reading (detecting) issue…Do not think you have a motor problem yet…Also do FW update and detection individualy…

3 Likes

Not sure that’s possible in the new world of VESC FW 5.0 dual control. @Deodand?

Yes, it is. If you run detect can when connected to the dual and then press the can forwarding button in all data coming in and out will be directed at motor 2.

1 Like

Just did UNITY 5.0 complete setup in metr

• From factory settings (right after update)
  • Motor detection (with sensors)
  • PPM calibration
10 Likes

I’ll check it out, hoping it’s some bad solder joints though, easy way to test would be swap my motor phase leads around.

nice, can you upload firmware from metr or do you need to use unity app for this?

You can use official VESC Tool for this! (dev branch)

4 Likes

Nice video !
I never saw the PPM wizard from Metr. The UI is so clean !

Just a question though : what about direction ?
Not sure, but in the video it appears to me that both motors run in the wrong direction, don’t they ?

Also, what virtual VESC takes care of PPM input ?
Does it matter ?
It’s confusing on input part.

1 Like

My teeth say no they want to stay. judging by the clusterfux that was 4.01 pass. Might join the party at 5.04 good to see not just testing on a trampstamp this time. Progress.

1 Like

Direction was wrong, as you noticed. It can be changed by “Invert direction” setting insde MCCONF structure.

Both VESCs share the same APPCONF. When you change it on one, it changes on both.

4 Likes

Do you plan to implement the same “Direction wizard” as done in VESC Tool ?
Didn’t have a deeper look into that feature but it’s quite convenient though.

Interesting !

Turned out to be two cold solder joints in my phase lead connectors. From back when I didn’t know the difference.

8 Likes

Autowheelie was in the last update, but i added some improvements to the turning, fixed some bugs, and added some filter options for advanced tuning if you want to get really crazy.

7 Likes

Just got DRV error while charging for about 20 minutes. Unexpected🤓

3 Likes

Is it a HW6 ?
If so, IIRC, you can request DRV_FAULT details from de DRV8301.
Could be interesting to know what internal error triggered it.

1 Like

More testing on FW 5.0 (UNITY)

So far no issues. I will continue testing, planning 20km today and 20km tomorrow. I have 32kph limit and using following mode

7 Likes