VESC FW 5.x - Beta Testers wanted [SERIOUS]

Very well, but where do I download it from? I can’t find it on vesc tool website and I struggle to navigate on GitHub, so far haven’t spotted it :sweat_smile:

Do you have a File that you can share? Or link?

From the “VESC Tool” tab in that screenshot.

Then select “Add to cart” and checkout.

2 Likes

This makes me want to take a long walk off a short bridge, every damn time.

8 Likes

Same I don’t understand why there’s not a link from the older tools to look for update and download

1 Like

I get all my vesc tool downloads from a re-hosted github repo now. I’ll gladly give Vedder money, but fuck using that damn website :joy:

4 Likes

Actually, once it has been cheked out, you just need to go on “available files” tab.
No need to redo the whole checkout process.

I agree, rhis is not really user-friendly but this way triggers more donations for Vedder.
That’s the whole point.

7 Likes

:man_facepalming:
Thanks Brian :muscle:

1 Like

And a butting on the tool that sends a fixed amount would generate even more. Link to pay pal instead of filing out shipping detail.

Personally I run it on a Mac now as I needed a mac for work so just wait for it to be converted.

@rpasichnyk GitHub latest is still on 2.05 hopefully he get time to update it for us who don’t have multiple computers

1 Like

Just create a VM with linux. It works just fine for me.

1 Like

Found a Bug :bug:

Setup:

12s battery
Dual ESCape over CanBus
PPM remote (Maytech R2 waterproof remote)
63100 140kv motors

I spent a few hours with the help of @glyphiks with my canbus after upgrading from v5.1 to v5.2

issues consisted of Canbus not working after pressing throttle on remote.
Prior to this i have of course setup motor wizard with succes and input wizard. I would then proceed to slowly pull the throttle on my remote and only the master side wheel moved, while the slave remained idle. As soon as i pressed the throttle i lost all communication with the slave side and could not reconnect manually via vesc tool. i needed to either reflash firmware or turn power off> turn power back on
this happened on all 3 times i tried.
No faults were recorded on either vesc tool or METR.

i downgraded back to v5.1 and no issues occured.

8 Likes

Well dang. Same thing happened to me.

Esc : flipsky 4.20 plus
Ppm : hoyt puck
Battery 10s
6355 motors

Motor calibration was fine same with remote. But as soon as I went to do custom settings one side would work. Then stop and the act like I didn’t do the calibrations.

Downgraded back to 5.1

4 Likes

I have noticed that once input wizard finishes, the CAN forward option automagically turns itself off. This may be related :man_shrugging:

I’m on 5.1 tho

1 Like

Found an issue (or 2):

I was testing if the 95% duty cycle current limit start bug is still present. Bad news: Yes, it is. If max duty cycle = duty cycle current limit start, the motors lock up at full speed. Issue no. 2: after this happens, if you brake while the motor is spinning, the motor will vibrate / make loud sounds. Even after changing the duty cycle current limit start setting back to 85% (or 100%, whatever works for you), this braking bug still persists. Only a reboot of the VESC causes this behavior to go away and braking is normal again.

6 Likes

Assuming Max Duty Cycle is 95%:

You said this happens when Duty Cycle Current Limit is 95%

Does this happen when Duty Cycle Current Limit Start is 94% ?

Does this happen when Duty Cycle Current Limit Start is 96% ?

1 Like

Tried those values, wasn’t able to trigger it. Great minds think alike.

Made a bug report for Vedder to see btw:

Edit: It has been fixed in FW5.3! :partying_face:

10 Likes
3 Likes

Awesome! Testing day!!! :relaxed:

1 Like

Sorry if it’s a bit out of date/topic, but does this work on Stormcore? I’m trying to test the HFI start function with FW5.3, but I couldn’t find the tap to activate it
Cheers

3 Likes

You saying this feature is not ASS any more?

4 Likes