VESC HD, a credit card sized twin motor controller

So it seems like the only way the HD is better than the 60D is in serviceability? The VESC app suuuuuucks but the Stormcore app is actually good.

2 Likes

It’s a lot smaller. And yes, it is serviceable.

1 Like

the HD75, will it have the same form factor of the HD60?

1 Like

The size is impressive. I will happily give you that. The HD is what I’d go with on a small high budget build

Yes it will.

2 Likes

For the ones who want to try some kick ASS sensorless startup:

https://vesc-project.com/node/2859

On the VESC 6 MKV and HD it will perform best, but also older designs will have a much nicer startup now. Just run a detection and switch to sensorless.
This is Beta software for the ones who like to play around a bit and test the bleeding edge stuff.

4 Likes

@Trampa the description on VESC 6 MkV states “ You’ll also find a new IMU chip fitted - featuring a gyroscope, accelerometers and a compass, the VESC 6 MKV knows its 3D orientation in space, 3 axis acceleration values and directions.

You said “ HD and VESC 6+ onwards have an IMU” so MkV is in the VESC 6+ category, correct? Just making sure I’m not going to be looking for something that’s not there… but I’m pretty sure it is yea?

2 Likes

VESC 6 +, MKIII, MKIV and MK V have an IMU placed.

6+ and MKIII have the MPU9250, MKIV and MK V have the BMI160

2 Likes

Thanks much!

1 Like

Only VESC 6 (not plus) doesn’t have it placed. This is a late model unit that isn’t sold new.

2 Likes

I think we may have an answer to the imu question here, vesc 6+ has one

5 Likes

Any chance you could make a video testing it out on a Funwheel p hub?

EUC electronics are ruined often due to the hardware locking. So the HD75 would be one of the best options to fix one.

2 Likes

FYI, if I was Trampa or any other esk8 company, I wouldn’t even mention the O-word or the FM words, or respond to anything that did. Ever. That entire sleazy company is a sue-happy team of lawyers whose main purpose is to prevent innovation in the LEV space.

Maybe consider rewording the question without the o-word.

Just my $0.02

14 Likes

Is it really that bad? They can sue trampa for testing their esc on their motor?

3 Likes

As long as Trampa ignores that question, I don’t think they can do anything.

As far as “is it really that bad” when talking about them, yes. It is.

6 Likes

We can offer third party spare parts without any issue. It’s a generic controller an if it fits a onewheel, fine.

6 Likes

@Trampa
Any ETA on HD100T? Using hd60 and I love it!

12 Likes

The new VESC-Tool is about to be released. The HD benefits form the new VESC-Tool, so make sure to update as soon as the release is done. You can also try the BETA.
That enclosure looks tidy!

5 Likes

@Trampa Frank, do you expect to be affected by the components shortage, or will the official Vescs continue to be available throughout the year?

5 Likes

We continue to stock everything. So don’t panic.

4 Likes