VESC FW 5.x - Beta Testers wanted [SERIOUS]

yep. I see @NuRxG is still busy submitting PR’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also have one pending but I’d prefer PR it when a dev repo will be available.

4 Likes

Mine don’t break anything, i swear :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah we will open a new dev branch again when changes start getting made. I think when you merge the branch in it is automatically deleted.

6 Likes

You have to manually delete a branch (git branch -d IIRC)
But it makes sense to delete once merged.

One “dev_fw_5_x” could be nice.
Also, it would be great to open it from now, as others contributors may want to PR already. :+1:

4 Likes

Latest VESC Tool (FW5.1 macOS, Windows 10 with BLE) https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases/tag/v2.05

13 Likes

what changes are included here? i cant see any ahead of the master.

No changes ahead of master, you’re right. Just providing a build for macOS users as usual

16 Likes

Thanks Roman. I’d like to get these cross platform builds automated at some point but in the interim it’s appreciated.

5 Likes

how come ble works in your build on Windows but not the original one?

I am building with Microsoft compiler, Vedder is building with GNU compiler.

8 Likes

lol well that makes quite a diff in functionality

@Deodand can this be resolved?

Here we go again, dev_fw_5_02 is alive. :+1:

10 Likes

Sorry if it’s not the right topic but Il there any chance to get a watt mode in official firmware? I prefer this firmware so much with 63mm motors and mountain boards. Why not preserving the choice between current and watt mode?

1 Like

please dont open this can of worms again …

3 Likes

WATT MODE ! WATT MODE !! WATT MODE !!! :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

We got reports of a disturbance…

4 Likes

Watt mode won’t be happening, it’s pretty much BS when you look at the implementation. Everyone is welcome to disagree but its really not an intuitive implementation, its not something either Ben nor I are interested in implementing. If someone were to make a clean implementation and create a pull request we can open the discussion at that time.

11 Likes

Hey guys, just wanted to drop an announcement in this thread. There are a few minor fixes for 5.02 which we are staging for release. The main thing we need live is proper motor temp sensing for the unity (and other Duals). This update is minor and we will be starting a 3 day countdown for release if all works correctly. We will be getting as much testing as possible done during this time but if anyone else would like to assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Hop here to download and report any issues.

16 Likes

Nice, Great work. is there an easy way from to mobile tool to backup all settings, upgrade then re upload the settings again?

1 Like