FOCBOX IS BACK?

I myself had at least 5 Anti Spark Switches / Modules go just randomly.
I run 12S Configuration.
Since then I just don’t even bother - make a nice loopkey and be sure to have something reliable that also can handle loads of current without needing to worry if a MOSFET Decides to stay permanently open or closed (had both failure modes and the permanently open is no fun if you want to brake your board downhill)

I haven’t had any issues running 5.1 on my unity. Well mostly, I still don’t have motor temp lmfao. 5.2 is getting it worked out I believe.

1 Like

Just for clarities sake, I believe you mean V5.01 and 5.02 :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Tomato tomato. Hehe yeah sorry, was just about falling asleep while typing that. :fearful:

1 Like

Not sure if you’re talking VESC FW, but if you are there’s definitely a 5.1 and 5.2.

I am but mistakes can be made.

1 Like

I’m not saying someone is right and someone is wrong… I’m just saying you’re both talking about 2 different FWs here…

Welcome to the VESCtm blackhole of versioning…

3 Likes

Why does mine say 5.1 in the VESC Tool? Mind you this is for Stormcore.

BECAUSE YOUR’E ON UNITY

But I’m not.

ok it’s because you’re special…

oh I remember now… you got a stormcore a sub-derivative of the Unity hardware… so sorry…

delete my posts… lol

It’s the same FW.

that was entirely my point!!!

Undelete all posts… >click<

pick fly shit out of the peppermill if’n you’re so inclined… see here…

1 Like

All good my man, just strange about the decimal difference between github and the tool.

:crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :fist_right:t4: :bikini: :fist_left:t4:

5 Likes

sometimes programmers do this, it works if you think of the dot as not a decimal but a separator of major version and minor version. 5 separator 1 is the same version 05 separator 01

but not being consistent about how you display that version is… confusing and annoying. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I developed professionally for 17 years, never did the version mismatch BS.

3 Likes

Even metr Pro picks it up as FW5.1.

1 Like