Vesc 75/300 repair?

Hi, During summer I managed to destroy 3 Trampa 75/300 Vesc’s. I filed 1 as warranty claim and 2 as repairs to Trampa. Got news today that they will not be able to do/offer anything. Nothing after shelling out a total 1700£ on the units.
One has a blown gate driver and the other had a phase connector coming loose under operation, no visual damage but completely dead. 3rd one was DOA, but I opened the lid for pcb inspection, so no warranty…
Anybody who can recommend a good repairman?
@MartinSp You were recommended on the efoil.builders forum, but so not seem very active lately.

Please guys, help out a fellow efoiler…

BR,
Mattias

9 Likes

@linsus maybe could help…

1 Like

Maybe theyre not offering warranty service for it because its a flawed piece of hardware? 3 Faulty Trampa VESCs in one summer is a pretty unique feat :man_shrugging:

Didnt they also tease a new HV piece of hardware recently?

4 Likes

What country are you in?

Sweden

1 Like

@seaborder is in Germany, he might be able to?

5 Likes

What setup (battery / motor) were you running when this happened?

@Trampa Tag, this fellow has bought your most expensive units, care to comment / help him out?

3 Likes

In such cases there is an email correspondence in between the customer and us. We do our best to spot the issue that causes hw failure. DOA is something we can hardly believe. Each unit is tested twice before we ship it. Final test is a reference motor detection and spinup test.
If the waranty seal is untouched, we would be able to help out and would consider a replacement, in favour of the customer. With broken seal we have to reject a claim.

Touching phase wires is almost always a totall loss.

1 Like

Do you have high resolution images of the broken PCBs?

2 Likes

If those units still fixable than @seaborder can fix it. I would get in touch with him.

4 Likes

Any blown traces on the pcb?

1 Like

you can send me some pictures of the pcb and if you have a multimeter we can measure some stuff if you like :slight_smile:

But check your system, very unlikely 3 75/300 fail in a row. These things are robust if they are used correct.

3 Likes

this one looks funny, someone really asked to repair that :smiley:

16 Likes

Im in sweden too and I can repair em as well. unless you can point out what made em dead its quite hard to give you a definate yes ord no, om of they can be saved. If @seaborder wants to guide you thru some troubleshooting that’d prob be a good first step.

This is the first time Im hearing about 3 pieces of hardware failing indipendantly from trampa. Makes me Wonder what might have caused it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

yees, I think we need pictures

arent you the neighbor of benjamin? Awesome! :smiley:

3 Likes

motor shorts out?

'tis but a scratch

5 Likes

It could be a voltage breakdown.

1 Like

+1 for Martin. He is sometimes slow with reply but work is great

3 Likes