Vesc 6 unknown drv fault, requesting help from Frank [Serious]

So what am I supposed to do now, I asked for help lol

It needs to be fixed by some one doing VESC repairs.
You could take the PCB out of the housing and inspect it visually.
Sometimes it is possible to see physical damage.

1 Like

No damage to be seen, did I void warranty lol

1 Like

You can PM me and on Monday I will forward you to customer support.

2 Likes

Check your drv chip. I am almost sure it is blown.

I had the same thing on my trampa vescs

1 Like

Nothing looks odd

DRV dsnt always physically show its done. Since your 5V rail is fine, its at least not dead. My bet are on borked DRV, coldsolder joint somewhere near it or a FET went byebye

2 Likes

Is this normal?
Looks like the trace is gone.

Wait ur right, I was in @pjotr47 thread from a while back and it should be there

Pic from his thread

This looks fine, you can see the gold plating.
Either something is wrong with the DRV or something on the voltage divider or the shunt amplifiers.
Could also be a Mosfet.

1 Like

Lol I’m with @Trampa on this one, hardware vendor cannot be held accountable for users installing untested firmware.

Its like me expecting Del to have tested my Windows pre-installed for running Ubuntu.

Can’t say it’s up to the software guys to make sure it works for all hardware when talking VESC tool then say it’s up to the hardware guys to make sure all software works LOL

8 Likes

I agree with this.
The truth is any vesc based esc can fail due to a multitude of reasons not always apparent.
I had a VESC6+ go poof due to internal motor shorts that did not always occur.
I was lucky I found the problem as it would lead to a non stop vesc failure from time to time.
It is very difficult for the end user as well as the manufacturer to know where the fault lies apart from the odd cold solder etc.

3 Likes

Intermittent motor shorts are one of the worst things to spot. Same goes for intermittent sensor issues or switches/BMSs that cut power randomly.

6 Likes

I am really stupid can someone give me step by step instructions on how to flash this maker c dv6 . Bootloader etc
Been trying for 3 weekends and can’t get a good working motor to spin on an Xiaomi scooter . Tell me what information you want me to send. About Ready to send this thing back
Thanks
David Garcia

1 Like

You are not alone bro… i just had a couple kill them self

Do you have access to a working vesc?

i have a cheap ali express one that works for testing purposes onl;y , it will not provide enpugh current to move the scooter , but will spinn up both motors fine . i have a flipsky that is flaky , works when it wants to . i just want somoe one to walk me thru how to connect a boot loader and how to actually get thew firmware on the vesc tool , becuase it is there when i connect the software disapperas

1 Like

Here’s why I asked if you had another VESC handy:

1 Like

unfortunatley i dont have one avalible . i have an st link programmer , but i dont have those plugs ib the go foc sv6 , there us no clock , dio there . just ppm , the hall sensors , the ac , 123 , and a g, l, n, 5v plug which i still dopnt konw what that is for

1 Like