VESC 6 MKVI HP - The VESC 6 on steroids

We are proud to announce a new product that will suite the power junkies very well. It is the High Power edition of the famous VESC6 design.

When updating the VESC 6 to the latest MKVI standard we managed to get 12 FETs into the same form factor and increase the peak power handling quite a bit. This design can measure currents up to 220A reliably and push up to 160A peak (motor max current) and a 70A continuous with no additional cooling (sitting on the desk at room temperature). With these specs it should be the perfect match for hydrofoils, and power hungry e-boards or scooters.

Features:

• 12 FETs
  • up to 160A with spikes beyond 200A
  • up to 100A+ continuous with external cooling
  • 2 x UART
  • safety power off via ADC
  • hibernation
  • 2x UART port
  • STS (spin to start) can be enabled or disabled
  • fully upgraded to make use of all the upcoming features available in VESC Tool 4 + FW 6
  • automatic sensor voltage adjustment during detection
  • programmable automatic power off (hibernation after x minutes)
  • small form factor
  • phase filters on voltage and current measurement
  • silent HFI capable
9 Likes

Which, of all these current numbers, are phase / output currents, and which are battery / input currents? Is there any way you could label them?

11 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, this looks promising but without more specifics its hard to quantify how it really stacks up in today’s market.

3 Likes

drv design? Yes? No?

3 Likes

also, please fix ur website:

5 Likes

I don’t see what’s wrong here? It’s simply stating that these VESCs will not be available until the 1st of Decemberember, in the year 20022. Seems reasonable to warn customers of an 18000 year lead time.

22 Likes

u r right, idk what will happen 18000 years later. human technological advancement maybe finally can allow this esc to be in stock

5 Likes

“Yeah honey, I’ll be off work in about 3 minutes… I gotta make a new ad campaign and list a new product for sale. I can proofread it tomorrow”

5 Likes

I just rememberembered my redemberember deck is should be coming next decemberember

4 Likes

@Trampa is this new ESC 100 amp continuous or what? Are you saying it’s only 100amp continuous if you use a heatsink? If you don’t heatsink you’re limited to 70 amp continuous?

1 Like

With esk8 we aren’t pulling anywhere near continuous, so it shouldn’t be much of an issue if you don’t have cooling.

2 Likes

I’m confused by the numbers and how this ESC handles amps against something like a D60 or stormcore.

1 Like

Motor max setting can go as high as 160A
The unit can measure spikes well above 200A, so you won’t get ABS over current faults because of a spike below around 220A. This measurement headroom is important for the reliable peak power rating.
Continuous Amps depend on cooling. We manage to pull 70A continuous with the unit on the desk at room temperature with a 6W/mk heat pad. The production units will feature 11W/mk heat pads and will be slightly better cooling wise.

Amp ratings are always phase amps. Battery current is not relevant for ESC ratings. The Mosfets see the phase amps no matter of battery amps. You can easily push 150 phase amps at 10 battery amps.
The Mosfets would definitely see the full 150A in that scenario.

5 Likes

It uses the time proven logic stage layout of the previous VESC 6 models. Never touch a running system… It features the latest MK VI updates with second UART, automatic sensor voltage, spin to start on/off feature and updated IMU precision.
On this model the power stage is simply more capable peak power wise but not harder to drive.
The Rdson resistance is a lot lower on these devices and therefore more current can flow while generating the same amount of heat inside the power stage.

2 Likes

@Trampa this is a cool product, but one thing seems kind of odd to me. It would seem you have hired a 7 year old child to be in charge of the website’s design and writing product descriptions…

While they were drafting this, was the child in question perhaps tying with a keyboard that randomly inserted spaces? Forget proofreading, did the person who wrote this even speak English fluently? I get this kind of stuff is not a priority for you guys but tbh I would expect more from the company responsible for “the most advanced electric speed controller ever to be produced”

7 Likes

Find the fault :nerd_face::crazy_face:
Guess it’s the same what’s happening to Trampas guys. Autocorrect or just fast typing.
The difference is just that we would expect a serious company as minimum to double check their product descriptions before they put them online. Trampa probably is holding up to the good old „never change a running system“ so I wouldn’t expect anything to change regards this in future.

1 Like

Great. Now this is all I can think about :unamused:

3 Likes

its a simple yes no question bruh

2 Likes

who cares! they got ULTRA FLEXIBLE HIGH QUALITY SILICONE WIRE
OFFICIAL VESC ™ HW ONLY FROM TRAMPS
H FUCKIN PPPPPPPPPPP BANY

1 Like

I’m gonna take it as a yes

1 Like