Verreal/Tranzanite Glow Wheels?

So I just discovered these and ordered some Verreal Green and Whites, Tranzanite makes the same thing I think. Any opinions? I think cool af. The Verreal ones are $109 right now :thinking:

Big question mark is they need shallower adapters because I guess the internals so fortunately I have the older shorter abec adapter so it might work but also how strong that half core is we will see.

Printable TBDD Glowheel Adapter Link:

6 Likes

Mostly curious where the power to the LEDs come from

Video explains it, the spacer is the motor commutator

6 Likes

I love the way these look at night, but I worry that the thane may be marginal at best (on par with typical Abec clones) and both of the sellers listed above are charging premium prices. I am also not a big fan of Abec cores. I wonder if the same wheels are available for less money on Alibaba. @jindra: after you receive yours, please let us know how they ride and if they look as good in-person as they do in the video you linked. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I bet they will be available soon on ali. Apparently they are kind of harder wheels even than they say, I’ll post about them for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve got the awoah ones. Their pretty decent. Not the best Thane out of the wheels I’ve tried but work.

3 Likes

Think i found en already Ali, not Aliexpress tho. Colours look the same

2 Likes

Here’s some on ali 60mm wheel for $15US maybe can extrapolate what they will be for 97mm. Maybe the 97mm have better electrics? Maybe not? Lol.

To me though it’s more important they don’t ride like garbage as opposed to overpaying by ~$40 though

1 Like

These look great and if the PU is fluff, they’ll feel great too. The dynamo core essentially looks close to LED wheels existing in rollerblading (such as Powerslide Photon and Roex Lazer), so it is possible that you feel some minor drag when kickpushing, but that’s a non-issue with motors :+1:

Gotta love how it traps the light inside and has a double LED + glow effect.

1 Like

What’s the link?

1 Like

Upon closer look, they were not LEDs but glow in the dark wheels, my bad

2 Likes

Finally

Ok even my shorter torqueboards abec adapters are too long for these wheels. FYI anyone without the right adapter don’t get these without it. I’ll see if I can print something before grinding these adapters.

4 Likes

I’ve got the awoah ones with pulleys. No board that doesn’t have gears and a 8mm axle to test.

My guess is the compound is the same. They handle ok I would say same as the evolve 97 just a tad easier to kick out or break traction.

1 Like

I have a set of the Verreal ones. Pink and really bright at night. They make nice cruising wheels on descent surfaces however the hard urethane makes them not very good at cornering/carving hard.

2 Likes

Ok finally ready to give these a spin

I love the washed out green looks old skool

Clearance shot

4 Likes

I put about 20 km on these wheels today and I love them. I’ve been looking for a harder duro eskate wheel and strangely found it in these glow wheels. Holy crap these are torquey with 90kv and still way fast going like 65kmh. I’d imagine the efficency is pretty good, motors are loving them and its much harder to get thermal throttle. I’m sure anyone who ran 100mm vs 110 on DD would experience this anyways, but the harder duro means you’re linking more energy to acceleration so these things are nuts. For me they feel great even on choice terrible roads in my canadian neighborhood but they really shine on smooth obviously. Frankly they feel a bit softer than cloudwheels if not the same. Just can’t say enough about the torque difference, crazy. A+ we will see if they melt from my riding style though. And well, they look awesome but you’re probably going to get more attention with these. :star_struck:

Its too funny finding the duro I want in a gimmicky LED wheel. :laughing:

7 Likes

TBDD? how does the adapter fit?

The fitment is actually perfect as it is but my casual design made it slightly off center when it rotates due to some alignment issues with screw holes. Almost done refuckulating everything.

Btw I’m using my 3d printed abec adapters with shorter forks, regular ones don’t work.

1 Like

So far so good on the sideways printed adapters

Here’s some slow stuff, not great quality but its all i got :joy:

3 Likes

That’s actually kind of dope, looks like it’s hovering… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes