Verreal/Tranzanite Glow Wheels?

Hmm I want some glowing wheels for my travel board, so harder durometer for more range is actually nice… shame it’s not kegel core though :cry:

3 Likes

I would ride them all the time almost if the rear hanger didn’t bend so easily over bumps from the duro. The core is def a big obstacle for most people unless you print one, idk what the verreal adapters fit.

The 105 cloudwheels got very good range and better on crack impacts but I’m always nervous about them slipping out during cornering on pavement. I have a lot more confidence with the glowwheels than cloudwheels for carving and going fast on smooth pavement.

2 Likes

They broke again, maybe a redesign could help but probably makes more sense to cut down some metal ones. I did get over 100km on them though so not horrible.

1 Like

Do you want some pulleys to model off of? Or thinking you need better printing structure?

I have the awoah ones with the pulleys if you show up to carve

What material are you printing them out of? I tried a bunch with varied results (many broke in the same way as yours).

PLA+, carbon fiber PLA, PETG… all cracked. There was ONE brand of carbon fiber PLA that worked for a while, but eventually cracked.

The best I’ve tried are Nylon 230 (a nylon you can print on most hotends) and a carbon fiber-infused nylon. So far zero issues on either. If you don’t have the materials, I can print you a couple sets. I’m in Winnipeg.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer, but I’m rocking gear drives :confused:

You should go with 3d printed and screws pulley system, there’s plenty of it and the screw can handle the torque no prob

1 Like

I printed with priline carbon, which has had mixed reviews. The nylon is a good option, I was also debating experimenting with my resin printer. I have siraya blue and tenacious to mix.

The screws also sound like a good option. Slightly back burnering this for other projects now lol.

Ok I wanted to see if a mix of sriracha tech blu and tenacious will work for wheel adapters. Here is just blu printed, will probably explode shortly but gotta try. Maybe dental resin will be better.

If nothing else the part looks good and has that 90’s electronics aesthetic :man_shrugging:

It didn’t immediately break in my hallway so there’s hope for a few km out of these :joy:

Went for a ride 5km outside over rough road transitions, hard accelerating (for 90kvdd) and hard braking with no issues. This is better than I expected I’m sure stress will get to it but still impressive.

It broke after like 30km but mostly because my motor started shaking like crazy sensorless when the wire broke. I printed 1 more 100% blu but doing next one in a mix of tenacious.

Printable TBDD Glowheel Adapter Link:

5 Likes