Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

so far I have only helped get the weak link of the leiftech a replacement produced.

you can see it in the middle there.

Sadly I don’t think any more are in production, but there is hope for eventually.

1 Like

I assume you wanted to know about this also. I still have a leiftech to use this with.

I should get quotes for making the parts.

I like what I did on this model with the 8mm key shaft and hex shaft adapters that fit the same as SBX wheels.

What I want to try that I did not think of is making a gearbox using the gears that are sold for the hex wheels/axle adapters.

In order to do that in a single reduction stage, the module needs to be wider to fit the gear next to the wheel without mods. Using spacers to accommodate both these ideas in the same parts might work.

On a grander scale, the entire plate that screws onto the center module part could be a sealed gearbox.

Probably should test how long HTD5M belts last before gears.

I went back to this part to make it easier to CNC. Now the main body can be cut with a large endmill. Then all the 4mm holes.

Right after that I figured I had never properly looked into C-channel extrusion for this part.

Ergo
https://www.onlinemetals.com/en/buy/aluminum/3-x-1-x-0-125-aluminum-channel-6063-t52-extruded-architectural/pid/9712

upgrade to M5 hardware
Standard truck mounting holes are on there because.

14:35

1 Like

I forgot to explain one of the reasons the wheel bearing block and motor mounts are two separate plates. This would make it so thick material is only needed for that small part, the motor mount also would be nice to swap for smaller/larger motors. Bigger and smaller wheels can be adjusted for if you needed to change that part, less material needed.

if you totally wreck your ride you can take the motor parts off and have a gravity setup also.

1 Like

Love to see updates from you on this thread!! Do you have any plans to build this with actual parts? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woah, that would save my board. If you ever notice they are back in production please do let me know. Thanks for your answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked and a few are being made. Sadly I would guess that are for people who asked long ago but I will keep trying. I was considering asking for their refined CAD model (mine was off a small amount I heard) Then take that to china for some quotes. Perhaps try making a modular caster prototype in the same run.

Should prob shoot a msg to a local machinist first.

1 Like

Great work dude, very interesting, let us know if you ever recover the cad file. If there’s anyone who might of changed their mind you can add me to the interested list. Need to repair the center wheels on my V2.

I’ve just purchased a pretty much unused leiftevh V2 which I’m debating selling. If anyone is keen pls let me know . Thx
I’m in the uk

BTW I realized the packaging for the springs they showed off has the size/spec on them.

1 Like

Ok when I took mine apart I have real bad stippling on my rings and it looks like the contacts were modified by the previous owner and had solder lumps placed on the contacts. My frustration level is so high with this board I’m thinking about just making it a fixed wheel eBoard.

1 Like