Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

ready to power on.

6 Likes

knew it wasnā€™t going to be easy

2 Likes

These settings look ok?

2 Likes

It seems to spin up fine. One belt is horrendously clicky.

Forgot to check what way they were spinning but I won the 25% chance lottery that they are going the right way.

2 Likes

30A motor max is really low but good to start with probably

1 Like

If you put ā€œMotor Current Max Brakeā€ at 0.00A then there wonā€™t be brakes. Not familiar with e-driftboards but I donā€™t think you use brakes on them?

1 Like

Iā€™m keeping the brakes pretty high for safety. Gotta be able to stop it if need be.

One VESCā€™s lights shine through this pretty well. Other other one not so much maybe I can move it so it does line up.

5 Likes

Those motors are only good for about 30A. Also, you are sending the phase current through the brushes, they canā€™t handle big current. These boards are more about carving around that raw power or speed,

3 Likes

Did your leiftech have clicking issues?

Kinda sounds like a bad bearing in the motor but it could just be the belt.

1 Like

Also one motor is spinning up sooner than the other one but just slightly. Not super worried, the noise seems like a bigger issue.

I should probably try running it with the belts off.

Usually tweaking the PWM pulselength settings will help fix that

1 Like

my god not the microusbs again

1 Like

My experience with braking on a Leiftech:

1. When you are first learning and riding in a ā€œstraight lineā€ having a brake is very helpful
  2. Once you learn to slide to a stop, you donā€™t really need the brake any more but it is nice to ā€œlockā€ the wheels once you have come to a stop.
  3. Maybe itā€™s possible to apply brake and slide to a stop at the same time? I tried it a few times but it only made me fall over. It may just be that I didnā€™t get much practice before the ESC died and I sold my board to @Fosterqc
3 Likes

It was definitely NOT making that noise when I had it. Speaking as someone who has zero experience tweaking ESC settings, my guess would be that the clicking is coming from an ESC setting.

1 Like

One is also spinning easier than the other idk if you noticed.

also how much wiggle did the motor mount/caster have when you had it?

I only took the pulley off one of the drive units; the other drive unit I left untouched. So I didnā€™t get a chance to compare how easily the motors were spinning by themselves.

I donā€™t remember the caster and motor mount having very much play. Maybe a little bit, but both drive assemblies felt solid.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna ride it a few times then take it apart

will order this too

one rotates freer than the other but Iā€™m going to see how rideable it is

2 Likes

VNice to meat you

Very solid now, would need work to make water resistant.

2 Likes

This is pretty similar to the issue that Iā€™m having. After I test ride it Iā€™ll see what the motor sounds like when free spinning.
The motor could be shot, have to work on getting the plan for the new motors.

I tried riding it on my tiny piece of pavement outside my house with little success. Hopefully the weather gets better soon.

You have to figure out if the sound is coming from the wheel, the motor, or a pulley or transmission component. Iā€™d start taking stuff apart and see when the noise disappears.

You just have to narrow it down

1 Like