Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

You’d need to use a taper tap for the initial threads and then a flat bottom one to do the ones furthest in

1 Like

Yeah I know I can start a Solidworks CAM operation to import a tap to ensure it can reach the appropriate depth… That sounds like a Pain I can prob just import a 3d model of one…

guess I’ll minimize the depth and make the cut out the proper size.

I feel like I learned something from @ChrisChaput where I should make a bunch of steps on the incline of that ridge to make CNCing it easier. I forgot I wanted to make a general CNC/CAM discussion thread, Ha. Threads…

I guess those step should be taken on the outer edges too

eh, should work (i’ll measure mine’s length)

This highlighted spacer part could replace the grub screw holding the pivot axle in the center modular block, by being fixed by a pin then having the m4 screws hold it together. Or both could be held with 641

Hmm you know thinking about it, that grub screw is preventing the module from just falling right off of the board… might want a pin instead. Although 641 plus the grub would be solid enough I think. Mostly works out for the BN stuff… for a while.

oops forgot to fix this issue also.

Should cut down 2 twoo

almost did it lol… 22.5deg actually
taaa

daaa

Quinn your work and thoughts are always awesome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Same as your centipede truck idea (other thread) and your way to look at things different is always keeping me curious about what happens next :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and attention you have paid to my ideas! I certainly have a lot more ideas and designs than I have the resources to bring to fruition…

I certainly enjoy how my design here is good enough to not have any improvements left in mind at all really. Just testing the motor plate for it’s durability with and without a bolt across the bottom. I have no idea how these things would fail doing jumps, would need a serious drop that’s for sure. Modularity meaning bad parts are easily upgraded.

List of things I am still working on:

• getting SBX wheel dimensions/model
  • figuring out exactly what the height changes are for the slip ring mounting in the SBX PCB vs the old v2. @Suntorn and some others are helping with that due to my lacking a sbx still
  • finding out what the secret sauce is for this new lubeless slip ring sbx upgrade that has been rumored.
2 Likes

I feel like you are just doing CAD for fun 24/7

4 Likes

You would think I would be better at it by now…

Also that I would own a CNC or at least a working 3d printer lmao, well I have a resin printer I have not had a chance to break yet!

2 Likes

Lmao as long as you’re having fun

2 Likes

Till the project is done they say

(never will be)

2 Likes

Red dot covering up some kind of new system.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Blaster-5-5-oz-Industrial-Graphite-Dry-Lubricant-8-GS/202597501?fbclid=IwAR1aN0ViGvotCabzAvyRHhXkFCRWFx7YC9VYI0vy6wCFNIwNMygmRQQ3qPQ
keep reading

This is different from the totally different greaseless slip ring I mentioned.

2 Likes

You think those mounting holes should be the same width dimension… I will probably make a caster bearing blocl that shares the freebord/skate baseplate hole pattern, but mounts the modular caster designed for v2/sbx

2 Likes

^^^^^

1 Like

switched to packs on top so I can use two (no, it does not fit.)
Double the fun?

well for twice as long yes but it is a fair bit heavier. Best to leave one pack at your swapout point.

I hookup up the two packs to their own individual VESC to compare the health of the used pack, it was out of whack compared to the newer one.

3 Likes

This fits a lot better. And with that size gasket I can still fit another 1-2 cells and still have it compress. I have a 3mm thicker foam to cut out too…

Hmm I really want to design a Brush PCB that also has a Cheap FOCer on the other side.

Perhaps silly to want them on the same PCB, maybe not. You could also just have the ESC mounted directly the the brush PCB using bolts.

1 Like

You’re using Da blues ? I have some mad munkeys but can’t slide for shit, they are so grippy it stops me and doesn’t want to slide at all

1 Like

yeah these coned out Da blues have a good balance of easy slides and hard grip haha

this is what I want to solve with my modular caster :point_up_2: :disappointed:

I might be replacing this and therefore have two running leiftech drivetrains. That would be fun.

this is the bearings used in it. Not sure if 2rs would be bad in a lot little sealed motor or som