Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

this overhang look ok?

oh I am planning on making a printed part that will have the 3 mounting holes that are also overhanging as well as pass the power to the battery on top.

is that the sbx?

1 Like

Pretty much.

Those are Cheap FOCers.
Aaron basically did the same thing. Slap two VESC6 end on end.

I like the idea of putting them below the heatsink sides and fitting a battery down in it, but if I were to avoid cutting the deck cutout for it and just spaced the heatsink far enough to have them sit on top, then it does not make sense to copy the long format of the SBX motherboard.

like this maybe?
need to figure that out.

I was fooling around with my own design and this is what I came up with. the enclosure doesnt have proper cutout but the idea was to angle the esc to that the heatsink faces matches the slop of the enclosure.

you could also stack the escs on their side. if they are thin enough.

1 Like

Drop me that binding .step bro!

looks really good!

What I am trying to do is find the best way to use the stock v2 heatsink with Cheap FOCers as they don’t have heatsinks and you would maybe have a v2 ESC no longer used.

also I am being very optimistic that cells can actually fit like this, they might need to be another way.

I have a better binding in my cad dump thread. the FSESC in this model is also there.

2 Likes

… and what about the trucks :star_struck:

are those 70mm hubs in your model? does it have the leiftech slip ring or something else?

I made a eyeball model of the 5-x.

1 Like

that is a 70mm maytech hub motor

1 Like

it does not say replaceable PU is your idea you would shave the edges down to a rounded profile?
@b264 I feel like whoever wrote this knows who you are

1 Like

here is the 5-x truck. like I said its an eyeball model but it should be good for visualization atleast.
5-X v1.step (1.5 MB)

1 Like

yep I will hit you back with the accurate model when it is ready. Thank you!

actually yes lol

1 Like

damn I did not think there was that much PU to take off the sides lmao

IMO I think you could get away with those small/weak hubs, one issue being they would overheat easy and you have no temp sensor but I am working on putting an extra slip ring for lights and sensors!

the model that I was working on got corrupted and cause me to ragequit and forget that it existed. thats why the complete board is missing some of the updated models.

1 Like

Me and Suntorn are working on some more creative 3d printed slip ring prototypes (that fit the v2 and SBX) , so you could use them to make your model complete again later.

ngl I thought the hubs would be decent because the v2 motors were weak still overheated and took up alot of space with the belt drive. but now that I’ve tried the more powerful motors on the summerboard I’m having second thoughts. having more powerful motors does effect the drifts and lets you power your way through certain turns that wasnt possible on the v2.

1 Like

I think the 56mm hoyt pocket rockets will kick ass and be more than enough to handle an adult going uphill for hours, do take up a ton of room though.

i think these hub motors would work way better since they already have the powerball shape and are like 1000W. only downside is their size. your have to use risers on the truck you’d have a higher center of gravity. not sure how well that would fell on a freebord.

2 Likes

this price is insanity.

1 Like